2018 Titan Racing Bikes Range

News bot

Titan Racing Bikes have recently announced their new direction for the future of the brand and the 2018 stock has arrived. As always covering a wide variety of disciplines whilst offering various models at different price points Titan Racing has further extended their choice of offerings. The introduction of full-sus trail bikes, 12” push bikes for the kids, plus sized cruisers and the return of the Whopper fatbike make an exciting line-up for the 2018 range.

Click here to view the article

Entering into the trail market after the success of their first Plus+ bike, three options are available. The Skyrim is a full suspension 140mm 650B plus trail bike. Highlights include Boost 148mm spacing, internal cable routing and dropper posts across the range.

ccs-62657-0-92311700-1513241607.jpg

Excellent. But somebody needs to tell Titan's marketing team that nobody wants their tyres. Even Giant and Silverback opt for sensible choices on bikes like those because they know their target market. Instead of forcing their rubbish inhouse rubber on potential consumers. I can pretty much guarantee that the majority of potential buyers would be discouraged from buying it based on the tyres alone. Might as well have a flashing red light with a warning sign that this bike should not be taken seriously. 

Come now Titan. You're selling your own product short here. The bike certainly ticks a few of the right boxes. Boost and a dropper but your skimp on tyres? Makes no sense. Even if you're trying to meet a price point. 

Excellent. But somebody needs to tell Titan's marketing team that nobody wants their tyres. Even Giant and Silverback opt for sensible choices on bikes like those because they know their target market. Instead of forcing their rubbish inhouse rubber on potential consumers. I can pretty much guarantee that the majority of potential buyers would be discouraged from buying it based on the tyres alone. Might as well have a flashing red light with a warning sign that this bike should not be taken seriously. 

Come now Titan. You're selling your own product short here. The bike certainly ticks a few of the right boxes. Boost and a dropper but your skimp on tyres? Makes no sense. Even if you're trying to meet a price point. 

I do agree... The flouro green is also a bit ridiculous.

This bike does look rad though. I also think they should offer their better bikes a a frame only option....

I do agree... The flouro green is also a bit ridiculous.

This bike does look rad though. I also think they should offer their better bikes a a frame only option....

She is definitely a looker when stealthed out. And the numbers look good enough on paper too.

Skyrim-Comp-hero.jpg

Nick or Iwan. If you guys ever get your hands on one of these for review.

Lets be fair and slap on some decent rubber beforehand.

Nick or Iwan. If you guys ever get your hands on one of these for review.

Lets be fair and slap on some decent rubber beforehand.

Why is rubber bad? Simply because it says Titan on the side?

...but your skimp on tyres? Makes no sense. Even if you're trying to meet a price point. 

But they use the same font as Schwalbe?  :ph34r:

This is Chaoyang's Rock Wolf. I'd give those tyres a go in a heartbeat because they look the part. The knob profile gives me the impression that Chaoyang did some actual research into what constitutes a decent trail tyre.

http://www.chaoyangtire.com/upload/2015/11/23/1448280033452vqy7.png

Titan? Not so much. The tyre looks like its meant for gravel grinding.

The knobs on my kids Avalanche will have more grip in the corners than those.

And I'm not exaggerating.

Slap on a set of +size Nobby Nics and be done with it. 

This is Chaoyang's Rock Wolf. I'd give those tyres a go in a heartbeat because they look the part. The knob profile gives me the impression that Chaoyang did some actual research into what constitutes a decent trail tyre.

Titan? Not so much. The tyre looks like its meant for gravel grinding.

The knobs on my kids Avalanche will have more grip in the corners than those.

And I'm not exaggerating.

Slap on a set of +size Nobby Nics and be done with it. 

Plus tires, especially 3.0's don't usually have massive knobs.

The Ardent 3.0 looks very different to the Ardent 2.4. It has to do with rolling resistance and a balance.

I'm not saying they shouldn't follow your advice, but to be fair if the stock spec tire choice is the only thing you want to change on a stock bike, they have done pretty well.

but to be fair if the stock spec tire choice is the only thing you want to change on a stock bike, they have done pretty well.

Agreed. Not bashing the bike at all. Nice to see a new contender in the ring. Especially since there's over enough evidence that some serious thought went into the bike itself. But the tyres leave much to be desired imo. 

This however...seem far more appealing.  

22226_schwalbe_nobby_nic_snakeskin_foldi

Nobby Nic 3.0. Had the bike came specced with those. Far more people including myself would have been thinking. Jeez I'd like to give that bike a go.

Stock tyre choice is a very difficult thing to keep everyone happy. In our cycling group (we ride the same trails mostly) almost none of us have the same tyre choices. Perhaps it's better to keep the price down a little and let the customer themselves decide what rubber they want to fall in love with. I've never kept the stock rubber on a bike for longer than 3months anyway. It's a very choosy thing this. But ja. I'd ask the bike shop to buy them off me and slap on some fat spez butchers.

Stock tyre choice is a very difficult thing to keep everyone happy. In our cycling group (we ride the same trails mostly) almost none of us have the same tyre choices. Perhaps it's better to keep the price down a little and let the customer themselves decide what rubber they want to fall in love with. I've never kept the stock rubber on a bike for longer than 3months anyway. It's a very choosy thing this. But ja. I'd ask the bike shop to buy them off me and slap on some fat spez butchers.

I think this has more to do with the fact that 75% of the time new bikes come with tubed tyres and in order to go tubeless you need to get a decent tubeless tyre anyway!

It is however great that Titan are selling most or all of their bikes with TR tyres even though they may not be the best tread for everyone's application. It at least helps anyone new into the sport/(hobby :ph34r:) to go tubeless without the added expense!

Entering into the trail market after the success of their first Plus+ bike, three options are available. The Skyrim is a full suspension 140mm 650B plus trail bike. Highlights include Boost 148mm spacing, internal cable routing and dropper posts across the range.

ccs-62657-0-92311700-1513241607.jpg

i like that kink on the top tube just before it meets the head tube. Mondraker-esque.

Unless any bike is specced with Onza Ibex/Canis or Canis/Svelte I’ll always replace whatever is on a bike. Usually the Racing Ralph or Nobby Nic tyres on most OE specced bikes are lite skin anyway so they are only to roll the bike around on.... Useless for anything but riding on the carpet in your livingroom. So give Titan a break on the tyre issue. Tyres, saddles, grips, handlebars & pedals are all personal choices, which everyone will replace anyway.

Good work Titan, and that green is Killer!!

• 4 months later...
Guest Ratchet road

Actually.. I am a Titan bicycle owner and they dont produce very good tires, they came of the ribs very easily and werent the most durable