Altercation in Strand

Schmorglebot

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

both wrong - one guilty of willful damage to property, the other attempted murder. 

Let's play 'Money or the Box'. oh wait... they're both boxes

In threads like this, I always like how quickly cyclists turn on each other. On a cycling forum.

Yeah - flipping someone the bird isn't cool, but the response isn't to RIDE OVER SOMEONE.

If you can't handle someone calling you a p*** without resorting to violence then you certainly won't last long in this country...

(Side note: during the construction on Beach road I had several similar altercations on the Fagan street detour - that road surface is terrible and just avoiding potholes is a challenge, let alone having to deal with impatient motorists. The speed bumps don't help as it's rather easy to catch cars, and then that thing happens when motorists get annoyed when a cyclist passes them, and everything just gets more agro...)

both wrong - one guilty of willful damage to property, the other attempted murder.

Let's play 'Money or the Box'. oh wait... they're both boxes

lol

In threads like this, I always like how quickly cyclists turn on each other. On a cycling forum.

Yeah - flipping someone the bird isn't cool, but the response isn't to RIDE OVER SOMEONE.

If you can't handle someone calling you a p**s without resorting to violence then you certainly won't last long in this country...

(Side note: during the construction on Beach road I had several similar altercations on the Fagan street detour - that road surface is terrible and just avoiding potholes is a challenge, let alone having to deal with impatient motorists. The speed bumps don't help as it's rather easy to catch cars, and then that thing happens when motorists get annoyed when a cyclist passes them, and everything just gets more agro...)

Stay in single file, stop cycling in front of cars.

If you can't handle someone calling you a p**s without resorting to violence then you certainly won't last long in this country...

So sorry if I am putting words in your mouth, but it sounds as if you are suggesting that because we happen to share a love of bicycles we should automatically support the cyclist and not keep each other accountable? I didn't know we are affiliated with the ANC? (#YesThatIsSarcasm)

All bar 1 or 2 have stated that both parties were in the wrong, it is not like we chose the Beemer's side.

There is a rather large difference between hooting and pulling signs as opposed to physically ramming your car into a guy on a bicycle.

That is escalation to another level entirely.

Driver of car is clearly the antagonist as he started "sitting on his hooter" right in the beginning displaying agression as opposed to a warning hoot , then the same driver escalated to physical violence.

I wouldnt automatically label the cyclists involved as boxes.

So sorry if I am putting words in your mouth, but it sounds as if you are suggesting that because we happen to share a love of bicycles we should automatically support the cyclist and not keep each other accountable? I didn't know we are affiliated with the ANC? (#YesThatIsSarcasm)

All bar 1 or 2 have stated that both parties were in the wrong, it is not like we chose the Beemer's side.

Not at all - I was referring to all the "must be a roadie" comments.

Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of asshole cyclists out there. But play the individual, and stop painting everyone with the same brush.

All cyclists disobey road rules.

All motorists are angry lazy slobs.

All Gautengers have more money than style.

All ANC members are corrupt lying thieves.

It's a dangerous habit to fall into...

Not at all - I was referring to all the "must be a roadie" comments.

Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of asshole cyclists out there. But play the individual, and stop painting everyone with the same brush.

All cyclists disobey road rules.

All motorists are angry lazy slobs.

All Gautengers have more money than style.

All ANC members are corrupt lying thieves.

It's a dangerous habit to fall into...

Cool, point cleared up, wasn't that clear in the post I responded to.

I do think that because it is after Dec 16 it is a reality that everyday is a Friday on the Hub until mid Jan when schools restart...

EDIT: Spelling, "too" to "to"

Edited by Rookie85

Sometimes it is better to just smile and wave....

Traffic in Strand/Somerset West was hectic this weekend. Seen multiple accidents and near accidents, and people's moods were flammable.

In times like these it is better to take it easy and just brush off the agro. Now they have all this nonsense to sort out, just because two blokes compared the sizes of their family jewels.