[Event] Sabie Classic

Brett MTBer

Event Name: Sabie Classic
When: 24 February 2018
Where: York Sports Ground, Mpumulanga
Category: MTB

In its 20th year the SABIE CLASSIC has always delivered on its promise of big mountains, epic views and an unrivaled challenge, there are distances for all, from easy family race to a hardcore distance for those with Epic aspirations or out for an adventure! The town of Sabie is the ideal weekend getaway with loads to do for the family, get away from the smoke and traffic and be part of the legend!

Go to Event Page

Just entered, going to be great, looking forward to it !!

Only a one day event and not part of the National series?

Edited by nickc

Hey guys, there is no National MTB Series for 2018, unfortunately Ashburton pulled their sponsorship so all of the other races are in doubt, Sabie is the only race that was not owned by Advendurance so we are still going ahead! See ya there!

Hey guys, there is no National MTB Series for 2018, unfortunately Ashburton pulled their sponsorship so all of the other races are in doubt, Sabie is the only race that was not owned by Advendurance so we are still going ahead! See ya there!

Thanks Brett.

• 3 weeks later...

Event Name: Sabie ClassicWhen: 24 February 2018Where: York Sports Ground, MpumulangaCategory: MTBIn its 20th year the SABIE CLASSIC has always delivered on its promise of big mountains, epic views and an unrivaled challenge, there are distances for all, from easy family race to a hardcore distance for those with Epic aspirations or out for an adventure! The town of Sabie is the ideal weekend getaway with loads to do for the family, get away from the smoke and traffic and be part of the legend!Go to Event Page

Excellent news, we entering a whole clan of us. Bring back the old Sabie Classic like I recall it

• 1 month later...

Has anyone received any information on batches, start times, registration, etc?

Entries are only closing tomorrow , so batches etc will probably only be out after that ?

Being my 1st MTB race how does number collection work and when do you find out in what batch are you starting in

IMPORTANT RACE INFO

The entries will close tonight (Wednesday 21st Feb) at midnight, but anyone can still enter on Friday & Saturday at registration at the York Sport's grounds in Sabie.

Please note there is an additional cost of R50 for late entries

Registration Times:

At the York Sport’s grounds

Friday 15h00 to 19h00

Saturday 06h00 to start of race.

Start times Saturday morning:

80KM - 08h00

42KM - 08h30

19KM - 09h00

10KM - 09h10