Where to Buy a Frame

daniemare

Just my experience.

I purchased a London Road from Planet X (having a huge sale at the moment) and am running 3 x 9 speed SLX with 11/36 rear and 44t big ring.  I am looking for a 46 or 48T ring and it will fit without changing the chain line. I can fit 50mm tyres and have 1.8 mud tyres on the front with enough gap from the carbon fork.

Have flared half drops with bar end shifters and this all works a treat with a XT RD.  Hydraulic SLX 7000 disk brakes with 160 rotors.  This bike was cheap and does what it is supposed to do.

Give Planet X a shout and you will have the bike at your door within a week.  I was riding mine within a week of payment.

Just a thought if you have spare parts lying about?

Edited by Sepia

The issue I faced was groupset and brakes. Very few places will know about a road disc groupset, let alone stock them (good luck with anything SRAM). CRC will draw a blank too. The Giant cable/hydro convertor jobbie may solve an issue.

Both Hope and TRP do a cable to Hydro converter which you can run with any road groupset which you can buy second hand on the Hub.

List of Smaller Brands I should look at please?

Off the top of my head.

Cotic

Planet X

Ritchey

For some local flavor:

Farr

Calculus

Off the top of my head.

Cotic

Planet X

Ritchey

For some local flavor: