Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

I print PLA+ most of the time, ABS requires an enclosure and its not worth in my opinion. PETG is also great but its a bit expensive.

Did you go SKR1.3 for the 32-bit processing?

My ender 5 was the model that came factory fitted with the silent board and TMC2208's. Only real noise comes from cooling fans which are quite noisy. Considering doing a bullseye mod or similar. 

Also looking with interest at a Hemera/BL touch combo.

I went Skr1.3 because it was cheap at the time and had a set of drivers laying around. I bought the 2209 ones on special few months after.

I was going to upgrade to a ramps or other advanced board but the cost compared was ridiculous.

It should also be noted the Silent board was only release after I got the 1.3.

I Printed myself a custom probe using a servo and optical endstop. It works particularly well besides one glitch where it retracts when it shouldn't (I suspect it's interference from power lines for the heater still problem something ill address at some point). I would recommend this over BLtouch as it costs <R200 for the parts and works better from reliability test results.

Hermera Is nice and if going direct drive that's the only one id buy. Its cost is a bit of a issue. There is a speeddrive conversion thats printable that I have considered if i get PETG to print.

I have  bullseye installed second one due to PLA cracking, use washers to distribute force(not indicated in instructions). Also considering changing to a Hero Me or blowers on the Bullseye so you can buy 24v sunon maglev 20x40 fans (they arnt available in 10x40 so wont fit some mounts) these are way better than noctua as they maintain same airflow with same inproved sound. I dont have mine installed yet but busy with it. 

I just got a two trees titan drive as well that's very light bit concerned about the lever arm but I think it will work fine and is supper light with a pancake speed drive might work well. I got it from Next Dimension electronics in somerset west R220.  Pancake id have to order.

There is a big problem with standard boards, they do not have the onboard memory/Processing to allow use of advanced functions such as UBL, Linear Advanced, S-curve, Junction Deviation, Full LCD Menu (The standard board comes with way way reduced LCD control).

It becomes a rabbit hole of upgrades, At some point one wonders if its not easier to just buy a new one with the features but I doubt id get as good as I have now for any reasonable price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Court date set for 27 Feb. Then, k*k en betaal, adapt to the new life (my shrink says this will take some time) and this ordeal is over. Amper klaar...

It's only the end of the beginning - new life, new challenges to come - good luck!

My new lawyer managed to organise a round table, and came back with something we can work towards somewhat, then the official in writing offer comes and it's completely different. My lawyer isn't impressed at all and as such doesn't seem like will resolve anytime soon.

My class should start tuesday so looking forward to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiousity, how long did it take you guys to start dating again after your divorce?

Just out of curiousity, how long did it take you guys to start dating again after your divorce?

I don't think there's a right answer for this... 

me, after 6 months-ish. Colleague of mine, 2 weeks. Depends entirely on you. 

'Sup Myles!

I was just wondering because I want to meet people again, but the thought of dating is giving me the heebie jeebies 

Good advice, I also think it depends on the situation and the individual.

If it is a bitter or sudden break-up it may need more time otherwise you just carry the baggage into the next relationship.

It will also depend on whether you want to date just to get out, or date to look for a serious relationship. 6 months seems like a fair amount of time to deal with the previous relationships baggage and move on.

Good advice, I also think it depends on the situation and the individual.

If it is a bitter or sudden break-up it may need more time otherwise you just carry the baggage into the next relationship.

It will also depend on whether you want to date just to get out, or date to look for a serious relationship. 6 months seems like a fair amount of time to deal with the previous relationships baggage and move on.

Agreed to an extent, but it also depends on how deeply your levels of trust have been affected. Mine coincided with my dad's death, which fkd things up properly. ????

'Sup Myles!

I was just wondering because I want to meet people again, but the thought of dating is giving me the heebie jeebies 

Not trying to be funny here ... would just riding with a couple of guys not give you an opportunity to at least chat to guys informally and help you to get over the heebie jeebies ... you would then also have the opportunity of refining your "crazy radar" for when you are feeling more open to relationships?

Not trying to be funny here ... would just riding with a couple of guys not give you an opportunity to at least chat to guys informally and help you to get over the heebie jeebies ... you would then also have the opportunity of refining your "crazy radar" for when you are feeling more open to relationships?

Jeeeez, that crazy radar. Wish somebody had told me how much it would be needed. ????

That makes sense, I think part of the heebie jeebies comes in with the fact of how to meet guys...  And the only thing that comes easily to mind is online dating, and the idea of sifting through garbage/lies/dick pics to get to some gem is very off-putting