You are never too pro to wave

Belgarath

So, I visited the very fair Cape Town and surrounds from Pta, taking the bike along.

I kuiered very lekker with my brother, having not seen hom in six months, so my planned rides to Tokai and the like didn't happen. I did, however, did a return from Houtbaai to Signal Hill. Man, the climbing and wind was proper. The views, however, of the beautiful sea, Twelve Apostles and Table Mountain from the top of Signal hill made up for that.

I'm used to, whether training or commuting in Pta and Jhb, to wave at other cyclists, and 99.9% I get a wave back.

On my 40km odd ride, of the 50 or so other cyclists I saw and waved at, only one elderly gentleman gave me a nod.

I'm not trying to ruffle tail feathers, I'm just wondering, but what's up with that? Are you only worried about dropping your R60k Spez roadie?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This again?

OP, there are about 7 billion threads on this, 27 banned members, 55 butthurt posters and a dead horse that just wishes people would stop flogging it, all related to this subjest.

(That is not misspelled, it is merely indicative of the 'wave at me you nasty people' thread...)

Ag shame another “my feelings are hurt” thread.

Seeing that you are the type of guy who says crap like “R60k Spez Roadie” you probably didn’t deserve to be waved at in the first place.

If you want people to wave at you in the Cape, go to Clifton 3rd and get your wang out.

Howzit boet

Welcome in the Cape 

How long are you here for

When are you going back 

Did you enjoy it here

what type of spez are you riding

ok, cheers tatabaai 

o ja, the only way that you will get the attention of a capey is is to call out

Hallo, i have a extra bottle of sealed water here, i'm not going to use it, do you want it 

Seeing that you are the type of guy who says crap like “R60k Spez Roadie” you probably didn’t deserve to be waved at in the first place.

If you want people to wave at you in the Cape, go to Clifton 3rd and get your wang out.

Can I re-comment this like with a tweet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You heard about the cyclist that avoided being crushed into the road barriers today and was flung down a cliff near Camps Bay? ⚠️

I reckon most cyclists are watching out for vehicles instead you know. The roads are buzzy with visitors. ????????????????????????

Oh, bonjour!

Damn, I didn't think the hate was this strong. Then again, this is bikehub. I'll just climb back into my shell.

Never mind, I'll just go along then. Was just wondering, wasn't picking a fight.

So, I visited the very fair Cape Town and surrounds from Pta, taking the bike along.

I kuiered very lekker with my brother, having not seen hom in six months, so my planned rides to Tokai and the like didn't happen. I did, however, did a return from Houtbaai to Signal Hill. Man, the climbing and wind was proper. The views, however, of the beautiful sea, Twelve Apostles and Table Mountain from the top of Signal hill made up for that.

I'm used to, whether training or commuting in Pta and Jhb, to wave at other cyclists, and 99.9% I get a wave back.

On my 40km odd ride, of the 50 or so other cyclists I saw and waved at, only one elderly gentleman gave me a nod.

I'm not trying to ruffle tail feathers, I'm just wondering, but what's up with that? Are you only worried about dropping your R60k Spez roadie?

Capetonians are terrible, they WILL NOT wave at Pretoria boytjies with mullets.....

Dont let non wavers bug you Pal. I come from the Free State, here we wave if you are in your bakkie on your bike or wherever. Places differ. Im sure that they are actually magic okes.

Damn, I didn't think the hate was this strong. Then again, this is bikehub. I'll just climb back into my shell.

Never mind, I'll just go along then. Was just wondering, wasn't picking a fight.

Hate? Hell no, heart is full of love.

Hate = Level 0

Sarcasm = Level 100

Dude, enjoy the Cape’s awesome cycling scenery. Forgot about the locals, not worth the stress.

Better off going talk to your shrink if you seek the attention by posting such on social media!

As for me am in the uk, went cycling with Twickenham Cycle club yesterday, quite a friendly bunch and a nice ride, others we met whilst on the club neither greeted or looked for greetings. Today I went for run around Richmond Park, hardly any runners or cyclist I passed greeted with a wave or a hello...maybe it's the grey, cold, but mild weather.

Do I feel agreeved that people did not seem to aknowledge my existance, no.. do I feel the need to rant over nothing?... Once again NO!

Edited by shaper