Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

I like the fact that i am not the only one fighting the demons.....it will be nice to share maybe some training tips and eating right tips as well or i am overstepping the idea of this fred...(sorry OP)

My approach will be to cut portion size at mealtime. And increasing activity levels within a crosstraining base (gym, run, cycle) and interval sessions (either by running or on the bike). And then of course increasing water intake. And no snacking. And no fizzy drinks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started off well this year reaching just under 100kg mid year, then  came down with flu's, colds etc and put all back now Christmas has not helped. I get enough cycling time in so plan to add gym time and reduce meal portions with goal been 95kg. 

My goal is to get to 90 kg again. Just need to exercise every day and eat properly. Was 90 2 years ago, so should be doable

This is great yeah, the way i did 2017 was have that big goals and then break it down backwards in smaller goals. Like this week ill ride 100km or this month will be my best month. then End next year you will count up all those small goals and see how great you did. 

a Big point will be balance, dont deprive yourself to much but when you do skip a exercise or had a few beers make a goal of ridding that hour to make up for it. 

Ill be focusing 2018 on getting a better routine.

2017/12/25 - 118kg
2018/12/25 - 88kg

This is great yeah, the way i did 2017 was have that big goals and then break it down backwards in smaller goals. Like this week ill ride 100km or this month will be my best month. then End next year you will count up all those small goals and see how great you did.

a Big point will be balance, dont deprive yourself to much but when you do skip a exercise or had a few beers make a goal of ridding that hour to make up for it.

Ill be focusing 2018 on getting a better routine.

2017/12/25 - 118kg

2018/12/25 - 88kg

Incredible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm keen as well.

At the start of 2015, I was weighing 105, worked my way down to 82.9 after 9 months of gym and eating right, then gained just over 11kg in the past year from munching on pies and burgers on occasion and drinking beer over the weekends.

Going to start using my new running tekkies, go back on the meal plan I was on, and slowly going to cut down on the beers, maybe even go onto lite beers.

end 2013 - 106kg and out of shape

mid 2014 began training for K2C, but pulled out, then flipped over to 2014 DC. In the process dropped about 18kg

Then got a slipped disk in my neck and was told to stop riding. Gained about 10kg through inactivity, bad eating and depression.

2015, back on the bike and eating properly, but no budge.

End 2016 switched up the diet, dropped 12kg from Dec '16 to Mar '17. Now sitting at 82-84kg. Looking drop the last bit to be stable below 80kg...

T-shirt size dropped from XL to M...  :thumbup:  New wardrobes are expensive though!!  :eek:

I NEED to loose the weight. Started off in August 2017 on 145kgs, wearing a size 46 pants. I am 1.82 and 42 years old. Did some dieting, and exercise and dropped 20kgs till now.

The more positive thing is I bought my 1st road bike middle November, started off on a 2km ride with my youngest almost died, I am proud to say that I completed my 1st 20km solo ride the other day, aiming to do a 40 race end of Jan 2018. The worst is getting this heavy chassis of mine used to that excuse of a saddle, it hurts..... Watched a Spinning class on YouTube yesterday, tried it, failed horribly, could not stand and peddle legs too weak, and I thought I have been training hard on the road bike...so back to the drawing board.

Glad to see that there are guys with the same issues as me, and I appreciate all the info on this site. Thanks.

I'm keen

2017 was a bad year fittness wise. 1st baby in June might have had a bit to do with it.

2018 starting at

176cm

106kg

36yrs

get er dun.