Specialized dual suspension Stellenbosch

Nico Grobbelaar

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys they came past me us when we were running . The guy on the spez and his friends is definitely not cyclists.

Thats why they got my attention when they came past. The area where they were riding is near Helshoogte and Botmanskop well known hotspot at the moment. I dont think if a guy post something suspicious it wrong . IF i was alone i would've stopped them. I think we all should start to report suspicious activity.

Thanks Barend

Hi guys they came past me us when we were running . The guy on the spez and his friends is definitely not cyclists.

Thats why they got my attention when they came past. The area where they were riding is near Helshoogte and Botmanskop well known hotspot at the moment. I dont think if a guy post something suspicious it wrong . IF i was alone i would've stopped them. I think we all should start to report suspicious activity.

Thanks Barend

Last year I stopped a suspicious character on a high end Bergamont road bike. The thread is somewhere here on the hub.

Asked him a few friendly cyclist to cyclist questions. Realised that he was not the legitimate owner. Went full angry man on him. Confiscated the bike. Popped it on the hub and other social media. That evening an owner was reunited with his STOLEN bike.

I personally will confront any suspicious character.

Apparently some people feel that this is wrong as you may hurt the criminals feelings.

uh-oh!

post-321-0-87561000-1515317645_thumb.jpg

Crikey! Let me go shave my beard and cut my hair before going on my next ride. Heaven forbid someone does not fit the profile of a typical cyclist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Youth Development

This group of about 40 Talented young kids that i help out 

all have bikes and equipment they could never afford 

these bikes are all donated and yes some bikes are not to shabby 

Something to consider before you take the law into your own hands and confiscate (BikeJack) the next suspicious Cyclist

Edited by B A Z A

Youth Development

Something to consider before you take the law into your own hands and confiscate (BikeJack) the next suspicious Cyclist

I presume that this was addressed to me.

Please read my post again. But try to concentrate this time.

I approached the guy and had a friendly cyclist to cyclist chat to him. That indicated to me that he was not the legitimate owner. I didnt go flying in like some vigilante.

Edited by Vetseun

I presume that this was addressed to me.

Please read my post again. But try to concentrate this time.

I approached the guy and had a friendly cyclist to cyclist chat to him. That indicated to me that he was not the legitimate owner. I didnt go flying in like some vigilante.

Yes it indecated to you he was not the owner but maybe the next person is not such a good judge of character

Play your story with one change (The bike was never claimed and given back to it's owner)

Does That make you the Hero or a Criminal ??

You were one of the lucky few that ended up with a good outcome  :clap:

Edited by B A Z A

Youth Development

Keep up the good work.

A good reminder to would be vigilantes.

Vetseun used a good approach.

I once saw a suspicious dude on a high end bike.no cycling shoes to fit the cleats, no helmet, no gloves, water bottles. In fact, he looked like me when I'm busy with diy at home and quickly ride to the shop to buy something, I wear a helmet though.

So these are tricky things to manage

Keep up the good work.

A good reminder to would be vigilantes.

Vetseun used a good approach.

I once saw a suspicious dude on a high end bike.no cycling shoes to fit the cleats, no helmet, no gloves, water bottles. In fact, he looked like me when I'm busy with diy at home and quickly ride to the shop to buy something, I wear a helmet though.

So these are tricky things to manage

Yep sometimes things are not what they would appear to be  :eek:

Development riders are normally not allowed to take their expensive bikes home. The risk is just to high. I know because the company I work for is also involved with expanding the great sport. I know this guy looked suspicious because he didnt fit the profile.. Sorry if this offended some people but criminal profiling is part of what I do for a living and this guy raised some red flags. I only posted in case someone had his bike stolen. I forgot we are living in the age of "Im offended". Seemes everyone is more interested in correcting my behaviour then finding stolen bikes.

Development riders are normally not allowed to take their expensive bikes home. The risk is just to high. I know because the company I work for is also involved with expanding the great sport. I know this guy looked suspicious because he didnt fit the profile.. Sorry if this offended some people but criminal profiling is part of what I do for a living and this guy raised some red flags. I only posted in case someone had his bike stolen. I forgot we are living in the age of "Im offended". Seemes everyone is more interested in correcting my behaviour then finding stolen bikes.

Last year I stopped a suspicious character on a high end Bergamont road bike. The thread is somewhere here on the hub.

Asked him a few friendly cyclist to cyclist questions. Realised that he was not the legitimate owner. Went full angry man on him. Confiscated the bike. Popped it on the hub and other social media. That evening an owner was reunited with his STOLEN bike.

I personally will confront any suspicious character.

Apparently some people feel that this is wrong as you may hurt the criminals feelings.

I gave a used bike to a guy that often helps with manual labour in our garden. The bike was a decent scott hardtail, (R17K new) so not totally high end but definitely not something he could afford.  

I've tried to prep him with some of the basics but he still doesn't have a strong opinion about the wheel size debate, is undecided about going 1x and wasn't near a TV when Armstrong gave Ullrich "the look". 

So please bear this in mind if you engage him in a bit of cyclist to cyclist chit chat. The bike is defos his. 

I gave a used bike to a guy that often helps with manual labour in our garden. The bike was a decent scott hardtail, (R17K new) so not totally high end but definitely not something he could afford.  

I've tried to prep him with some of the basics but he still doesn't have a strong opinion about the wheel size debate, is undecided about going 1x and wasn't near a TV when Armstrong gave Ullrich "the look". 

So please bear this in mind if you engage him in a bit of cyclist to cyclist chit chat. The bike is defos his.

*** attempt at trolling.

Try harder