Gravel Bike and Cyclocross

Bateleur1

who cares if (and i mean if ) they are different (they are all CX anyways)

this "gravel " thing is an artificial marketing construct to appeal to macho wannabes who think it makes them look harder than mtb , it will go away as soon as the mAD men come up with a new "thing"

remember 27.5 .......it was going to replace eveything blah blah etc .....................(silence) :whistling:

:ph34r:

you want to ride gravel come ride eroica on a steel 70s road bike thats gravel riding

Edited by bikebloke

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Bike

I have to get one now that I have promised to do Karoobaix

Yes, I think for the Karoobaix you must be of a grinder of sorts? No MTB, suspension etc? Max tyre width too?

this "gravel " thing is an artificial marketing construct to appeal to macho wannabes who think it makes them look harder than mtb , it will go away as soon as the mAD men come up with a new "thing"

remember 27.5 .......it was going to replace eveything blah blah etc .....................(silence) :whistling:

you want to ride gravel come ride eroica on a steel 70s road bike thats gravel riding

I thought it was the other way around? I prefer the gravel things cause I’m too pussy to ride MTBs properly...

Yes, I think for the Karoobaix you must be of a grinder of sorts? No MTB, suspension etc? Max tyre width too?

Pinched from the site

The rules are very simple. You can ride any bike you'd like, but no suspension of any form is allowed, you have to ride minimum 35c / 1.4" volume tyres, and drop handlebars are mandatory. Any conventional frame style or material is allowed, and all wheel sizes are welcome. No tandems or recumbents.

this "gravel " thing is an artificial marketing construct to appeal to macho wannabes who think it makes them look harder than mtb , it will go away as soon as the mAD men come up with a new "thing"

I thought fat bikes replaced everything ????

That seems more of a cyclocross than a gravel bike in terms of the definitions offered here. Looks a bargain though. 15k for 105 groupset and disc brakes.

My size too

By definition yes, but by function, on a budget, you cant beat it. Looks like it room for nice big tyres too if you so choose.

ja, until this came along...

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/styles/main_width/public/apro-ranger-7.jpg?itok=TMdyrOL8

none of this stuff is new its old ideas that where deamed stupid back then and are now being "rebranded" as the latest "gravel" tech  :wacko:

post-85316-0-39609500-1515073286_thumb.jpg

Edited by bikebloke

• 3 months later...