Unemployed Hubbers 2018

Sepia

• 1 month later...

cool opportunity for anyone between jobs or just wants to get off the hamster wheel a bit - think of all the riding in the bush :D 

Emoyeni is looking for a resident staff member to join our small community.

The position we are looking to fill is that of a kitchen and bookings manager – this entails overseeing the kitchen and meals at Emoyeni and managing the retreat bookings.

This position calls for someone who has good communication skills and who enjoys spending time in the kitchen. You do not necessarily have to do the cooking, but you will be coordinating and assisting our volunteer cooks over the weekends and corresponding with the lovely people who visit Emoyeni during the week. 

Living on a retreat centre in the bush means different kinds of chores and jobs to those of a nine-to- five city job. At times the work can be physical and demanding but here you wake to birdsong, breathe fresh mountain air and take time to listen to the bush quietening down at dusk. Being part of Emoyeni is a way of giving service while living in a restful and beautiful centre in the Magaliesberg. 

Position: Kitchen and bookings manager: 
Any combination of the following skills would be valuable to us:

• Cooking or kitchen management
  • Good communication skills
  • Overseeing housekeeping
  • Gardening know-how and interest
  • Social media skills
  • Service industry experience

The ideal candidate will also have/be: 

• A familiarity or keen interest in Buddhist practice
  • The ability to work with people as well as being able to enjoy solitude
  • Self-motivated and reliable
  • Initiative and a good attitude

At Emoyeni we try to find a balance between being and doing, we don’t always get this right, but we keep trying. The post offers full board and lodging at our beautiful centre and a small stipend in exchange for a 30 hour work week.

The ideal candidate would be someone who has been on retreat here or elsewhere and has a keen interest in Buddhist practise.

Please send your CV and a cover letter telling us why you would like to join us to admin@emoyeni.org.za

We are urgently looking for Course Consultants to join our team at GetSmarter in CT:   International Course Consultant  

This is an opportunity to consult on courses from the best global university brands and ivy league institutions. We need professional well-spoken graduates to help our mid-career students to decide how our internationally recognised short courses fit within their career growth. Depending on your role, you will be engaging with potential students from across the world: managers and directors from Seattle to future entrepreneurs in Hong Kong and Singapore in their time zones. You will be required to serve our customers with dedication, commitment, pride and inspire them to action through meaningful conversations.

Key responsibilities  
  • Manage and respond to incoming queries for relevant courses and work progressively to close the sale, through execution of email and telephone strategies.

• Employ telesales or equivalent marketing strategies to ensure we reach all leads interested in pursuing studies for our respective courses.

• Complete structured and unstructured tasks related to each marketing campaign during the preparation, implementation, and wrap-up phases and constantly seek opportunities to improve processes.

• Manage integration of content and all marketing activities into sales strategy and apply this strategy to both email and telephone contact points.

• Continuously monitor campaign performance and progress and communicate findings to relevant Lead Course Consultant.

• Complete product knowledge training and proactively seek ways to improve product and industry knowledge and better understand the target market for courses.

• Accurately collate data and compile necessary reports relating to marketing campaigns, relevant projects and student groups.

• Process incoming registrations (individual and group) following outlined process and liaise with relevant departments when required.

• Assume responsibility for own productivity, remain up to date on company projects and ensure company and department objectives are met.

Job requirements  
  • Matric exemption and tertiary education preferred.

• At least 2 years work experience, involving email and telephone engagement with prospective clients.

• Proven sales experience essential.

• Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.

• Strong work ethic and ability to adapt to the fast pace of the business.

• Skill in organising time and establishing priorities.

• Own reliable transport.

Job specific competencies  
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

• Ability to work effectively in a team.

• Excellent telephone etiquette.

• Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.

• Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.

Remuneration:  Negotiable dependant on Experience

Job level:  Mid

Type:  Permanent Night Shift

Reports to:  Unit Sales Manager

Start Date:  ASAP

Apply here: https://www.getsmarter.com/careers/marketing-and-sales/international-course-consultant

The Mrs may/is looking for new employment, PR director/senior manager, Cape Town based. Flexible in terms of hours/projects etc. 

Has experience on social media reporting, activation's, crisis management, ambassador management, implementation of global strategies, good at copyright, has worked at large agency in the past and has been with current employer for 7/8 years. Has a drama and English degree. 

Note: does pro bonner work for Pure Savage

• 3 weeks later...

Robben Island Seabird Ranger

SANCCOB seeks to employ a self-motivated Seabird Ranger to join their energetic and dedicated team on a full-time basis.

The Seabird Ranger position has become available at Robben Island World Heritage Site. The position is based at Robben Island hence the incumbent will be expected to work closely with the Robben Island Museum (RIM) Environmental Management Unit. The main objective of the position is to protect seabirds (and their habitat), especially endangered birds i.e. African penguins and Bank cormorants.

Key responsibilities and duties will include:

• Conduct regular monitoring and surveillance of seabird colonies and identify seabirds at risk;
  • Work closely with Earthwatch research teams, other researchers and the RIM Environmental Management Unit;
  • Assist with the implementation of the RIM Integrated Disaster Risks Management Plan (IDRMP);
  • Protect seabird breeding habitats and report negative incidents to RIM Environmental Management Unit;
  • In collaboration with the Earthwatch research teams, monitor breeding productivity of seabirds, conduct seabird counts, counts of moulting penguins, evaluate chick condition, evaluate and mitigate impacts of human disturbance;
  • Rescue injured, oiled or abandoned penguins and other seabirds;
  • Carry out nest monitoring when Earthwatch research teams are not on the island during the breeding season;

Minimum Requirements

• Tertiary Qualification, science-related diploma or higher preferred
  • Valid driver’s licence
  • Physically fit to conduct field work
  • Report writing skills
  • Leadership and communications skills
  • Good interpersonal skills
  • Ability to work unsupervised and is self-motivated
  • Experience with Microsoft Office software (Access, Excel, Word) would be desirable
  • Only open to South African ID holders

Key competencies

The successful candidate will be a team player that is physically fit, hardworking, dedicated, able to manage time efficiently and can work in all weather conditions, able to work shifts and frequently in excess of standard working hours. Have a caring, compassionate nature with a love for seabirds.

Please forward CV with at least 2 contactable references (max 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to

fax: 021-557 8804, Attention: Rehabilitation Manager, or e-mail to nicky@sanccob.co.za

Deadline for applications: Friday 30 March 2018

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got this email from a recruiter I worked with:

I’m looking for an engineer for international work. No relocation needed, all travel, Base salary $170k-$200k+. Background wastewater, biological, process, filter and business experience. A PhD and bilingual person is preferred. Need a resume in case you know of someone.

Let me know if anyone fits the profile, I was considering "quickly" upskilling myself 

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone.

My work is moving me to Pretoria, so we need to find a job for my wife. If any of you know of an open position at an accounting / auditing firm please let me know. She has an Honours in Forensic Accountancy. 

(I can't find the Unemployed Hubbers 2019)

Regards 

• 4 weeks later...

Jumping on the 'unemployed 2019' bandwagon ...

I'm looking for a C#/SQL developer position, preferably in Pretoria but willing to try anywhere. Have been in this game for almost 20 years.

chief@treeware.co.za if anyone knows/hears about something. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An almost 2 year long experiment came to a stop today for me , so now I'm unemployed aswell.

before i was studying N subjects related to becoming an electrician ( up to N3 now ) I've also done A dedicated course at a technical college where i accumulated roughly 1000hrs on everything from small electronics to large scale 3 phase installations 

I'm looking for an apprenticeship/ "appyship" to finish the experience I still need and hopefully the person would help to set me up for my trade test ..If I need to work for free I will , getting this done is now my top priority 

If anyone know someone that could take me on 

Please pm me or send me their email address for all the documentation 

Based in Wierda park X2 , Centurion 

cheers :)

An almost 2 year long experiment came to a stop today for me , so now I'm unemployed aswell.

before i was studying N subjects related to becoming an electrician ( up to N3 now ) I've also done A dedicated course at a technical college where i accumulated roughly 1000hrs on everything from small electronics to large scale 3 phase installations 

I'm looking for an apprenticeship/ "appyship" to finish the experience I still need and hopefully the person would help to set me up for my trade test ..If I need to work for free I will , getting this done is now my top priority 

If anyone know someone that could take me on 

Please pm me or send me their email address for all the documentation 

Based in Wierda park X2 , Centurion 

cheers :)

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/180504-unemployed-hubbers-2019/?hl=unemployed

Good luck. If this business rescue stuff goes South, I might also be posting here.