Why do you buy new Wheels?

Fast-er

Hi Guys

So let me start off with this, I have a HUGE thing for wheels, I can't go through a day looking at new wheels for my bike, Even though I bought some new ones about 2 months ago. I generally buy wheels for the look. Nothing like a wheel with some nice Big decals and a loud sound if you freewheel. :drool:

So my question to you. Why do you buy new wheels? 

Hi Guys

So let me start off with this, I have a HUGE thing for wheels, I can't go through a day looking at new wheels for my bike, Even though I bought some new ones about 2 months ago. I generally buy wheels for the look. Nothing like a wheel with some nice Big decals and a loud sound if you freewheel. :drool:

So my question to you. Why do you buy new wheels? 

Because I NEED new wheels.. :( After riding very rocky trails for nearly 3 years my rims are almost buggered now

Looking at getting a carbon wheelset as the bike I have currently runs alloy rims. so i would say to save weight. not to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend good carbon rims for xc riding? using a 2.25 wide 29er tubeless tyre. any feedback on NEXTIE or southindustries rims? thanks

I got new wheels:

1.) For weight saving

2.) Sealed bearings (I hate cup-and-cone!)

3.) My old wheelset rear hub decided to kick the bucket

And yeah, a loud sound when freewheeling is just so goood!