Bike Jacking in Burgandy Estate

Cat2forLife

Please be on the lookout for a black & yellow Momsen Vipa Momsen Vipa AC SE (black & orange).

This morning, while a couple of us were waiting for the rest of our group in Welgelegen (cnr of Giel Basson & Gert van Rooyen), we were passed buy a rider on a black & yellow Momsen Vipa Momsen Vipa AC SE (black & orange). Looked like an alu model, but can't be sure. about 5 mins or so later, the rest of our group arrived and one of us noticed a white Fiat Corsa bakkie with 3 gentlemen.

We didn't think much of it at the time and, in fact, many of us didn't even notice the bakkie.

As we went over the bridge next to the golf course in Burgandy, we saw the MTBer walking back towards us without his bike.

He confirmed that the guys in the bakkie tried to ram him off the road and subsequently stole his bike.

There are CCTV cameras in the road, so we are trying to get the bakkie's registration number.

In the meantime, please be careful and vigilant toward white Fiat Corsa bakkies (I know this sounds like a joke, but I'm serious).

Will update when I have more details.

Link to the bike in question:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/stolenbikes/911-momsen-vipa-ac-se-2016/

Edited by Jetstar500

With the police not being much help and these guys just keep on getting away with it it is going to force us to start riding with our firearms. I am sorry but when it gets down to it I will most definitely choose my life because they don't care if they kill or permanently disabled us. This is now a weekly thing.

There were a few dodgy guys driving slowly up and down just before hillcrest in a white yaris on sunday afternoon

Yoh, I really can't believe the state of things. First everyone got off their road bikes coz drivers don't give two *hi*s about cyclists lives, now we have to stay off all places open to the public coz they attach us with pangas and knives. It's a sad state of affairs. Just wish someone had answers to this...

Yoh, I really can't believe the state of things. First everyone got off their road bikes coz drivers don't give two *hi*s about cyclists lives, now we have to stay off all places open to the public coz they attach us with pangas and knives. It's a sad state of affairs. Just wish someone had answers to this...

There is an answer to this, but the ruling party clowns will not like it.

No updates yet.. But at least the rider seems to be fine. No injuries.

Do you recall round about what time the incident occured?

Between about 5-5:15am

Thanks, I was heading that same direction & road i.e. Burgundy Estate yesterday aftertoon & again this morning but only left home at 5:30am & went via Edgmead & Bothasig. I saw this incident on Social Media just after it happened & couldn't help but think if i was gonna be next, the roads did seem a lot busier this morning. I'm also not going to be held hostage in my home & not ride my bike. Driving where i want to be is not feasible & training buddies with the same objectives is hard to come by. So what must be must be, bikes are insured & I just pray they don't harm me in the process.