Santos Tour Down Under - 2018

Bonus

Isn't just a vacation with a bit of racing thrown in? That's how I see it at least.

The real stuff starts in Feb, imho.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

For those watching, yes. My Ausie mates tell me this is the race to watch if you want relive the Varsity Years. Was so close to going.... man I should have!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those watching, yes. My Ausie mates tell me this is the race to watch if you want relive the Varsity Years. Was so close to going.... man I should have!

Yeah I kinda got that feeling about it. One race I'd also love to watch in person. Aussie seems great if you're a visitor.

Meanwhile the ladies TDU kicked off today

4efa8cf29a9b78de922235b45afd279f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Was just about to go looking for the highlights on YouTube.

Although I have to wonder what Alex had to quip today about her win after his sis' diss of his haircut after him winning nationals.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]http://cycling.today/team-sky-gets-pulled-over-by-police-in-adelaide-video/

This is actually a really good move by the police.

Many countries are struggling with increased bicycle use in urban areas and as with any group of people, there are those who break the rules - raising tension between cyclists and other road users. By "pulling over" Team Sky (for breaking the law Nogal) the police get some good coverage (advertising) for the cause of trying to get it through to cyclists that they are not above the law or the rules of the road. Much more valuable than the usual advertising you get with any safety campaign.

Maybe there's even a slight chance that a driver sees it and changes his attitude towards cyclists. (Although achieving that seems to be the Devils own job!)

Meanwhile the ladies TDU kicked off today

4efa8cf29a9b78de922235b45afd279f.jpg

I am a big Bronzini fan, so I'll be rooting for her, as for the men's race.....Nah, its boring.