Mugging Marks Park

Patchelicious

This is getting out of hand. One of these days we will be confined to virtual cycling in our living rooms. Wish we could set a trap for the bliksems.

Curious to know whether the attacker has a missing thumb...

Edited by rvdm1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful Park, footpaths meandering through the trees, little bridges over the streams, open grassy spaces for family picnics . . . . and guys with guns and knives ready to kill you for a cell phone.

#messedup

What happened to that security company with the machine gun who was meant to be stationed there... think it was Cortrack...?

You’re going to love this!

Feedback from the chap that got mugged today. Seems they put up quite a fight.

I was the cyclist in the attack. A runner friend Anthony came to my saving - brave man! I'm okay with a few stitches and bruises. Anthony is stitched up and in good spirit. He endured 2 pretty nasty stabs on limbs. Neither of us had phones - and because the bike was a fat tire ;) and the fight attracted to much attention, they eventually fled the scene with nothing. One attacker will be missing his thumb though - it ended up in my mouth :) We love the park and Spruit so much - it will not affect my passion for the green belt. Please be careful on sections where you can be ambushed. That top contour along the sportsfield is one of those sections. Thanks Anthony!!! Hope your dogs aren't too traumatised. Thanks Graham Montieth and staff at Milpark for stitching us up! Thanks to the friendly people at car park at garden for cleaning our wounds! Thanks to the cyclists who arrived at the scene and assisted us and updated the page. Love you all!

Any idea what page he is referring to?

Where did it happen? We missed it by a few minutes but were warned by another cyclist of the incident. I'm keen to go pre-empt a mugging and just wipe out the attacker

I'm thinking this might be the only answer. Get there early and hide somewhere and wait. Like was discussed on here when someone was bike jacked at the river crossing point on the spruit a few years ago.

Have to be careful though, these guys are playing for keeps.

Where did it happen? We missed it by a few minutes but were warned by another cyclist of the incident. I'm keen to go pre-empt a mugging and just wipe out the attacker

Right at the top in the forested section. Basically where at the V point near Judith Road. Apparently they gap it upto Judith and catch a Taxi.