Shorts or Bibs ?

rock

Which do you prefer ?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer ?

• Shorts
    • Bibs
    • Gimp suit

My son drools so much... The bib doesn't even seem to help anymore! He'll drool on anything, his bib, his shorts, hell, he'll even drool on a gimp suit whatever the F*@# that is!

But then he is only 7 months old, teething and can't even use a computer so I dunno how he is supposed to vote in this poll.

Doh! bicycles! Doh!

moonlight, stuff practical - it's what is comfy for 100-200km that counts... a couple of extra seconds in the bushes/ladies is worth the comfort of bibs!

I got my first set of Bibs with Club kit, cant say there is much of a difference but the Bibs are definitely a lot warmer and using the toilet is a hassle.

SP, you will be getting some wrath and retribution from the non DM fans soon Smile

cant say there is much of a difference but the Bibs are definitely a lot warmer

there is a huge difference in bib and ordinary cycling shorts.

the difference is that bib shorts that fit properly are meant to position the shammy properly on your body and keep it there during vigorous riding so as to avoid all the horrible things associated with chaffing/saddle sores etc.  you obvioulsy get pros that still suffer, but it does help it. also with normal shorts, being hunched over - normal racing position - tends to 'clump' around your stomach.

I've never had any chafing problems with either. Of course I haven't done a 6,7 or 8 hour ride in my life!