Best place to buy cycling apparel?

duanelr

Hi Hubbers,

So my riding frequency has increased and thus I need more jerseys and riding pants.

Where is the best place to buy cycling apparel?

Looking for best prices. 

Shopping online or in store, doesn't matter.

Thanks

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta hit up Anatomic - they have some great specials now and then. And their gear is top notch. Even without specials, I've found their gear to be quite reasonably priced.

Best advice I can give is the look around for specials. Cycling apparel can be quite expensive, especially if you go for certain brands.

If you know your sizes go for the online stores like CWC, Buycycle, etc.

Where is the best place to buy cycling apparel?

Looking for best prices. 

Shopping online or in store, doesn't matter.

On-line is cheapest but sizing makes on-line shopping tricky.

What you need to do is go to your local bike shop and try on as many brands and sizes as they have.

Take your time as this is important and get the best advice you can from the shop assistant (*).

THEN, once you have figured out exactly what you want, find an excuse (**) to leave and buy it on-line.

Can't go wrong 

(*) Pro tip: you get better service if you go to an owner run business and get the owner to help you

(**) good ones that work are "I left my wallet in the car" or "my wife will be in to buy as a present"

Sarcasm font off

Edited by eddy

Dont be tempted by low online prices for your first purchase.

I suggest you go to a good bike shop in your area, and try on a few brands and sizes first.

I also strongly suggest that you rather buy 1-2 GOOD bibs rather than 3-4 poorer/entry level ones. It will make a big difference in the enjoyment of the ride.

I suggest you go to a good bike shop in your area, and try on a few brands and sizes first. And buy them from the shop that carried the cost of stocking them and helping you

I also strongly suggest that you rather buy 1-2 GOOD bibs rather than 3-4 poorer/entry level ones. It will make a big difference in the enjoyment of the ride.

Fixed

I buy 3 or 4 cycling shirts a year from Aliexpress.com. They are cool for novelty shirts and items that you can't get elsewhere. The sizes can be a bit of a lotto, so that part is also interesting. If the shirt is wrong size, you can always sell it to one of your bigger or smaller mates.

Gotta hit up Anatomic - they have some great specials now and then. And their gear is top notch. Even without specials, I've found their gear to be quite reasonably priced.

Best advice I can give is the look around for specials. Cycling apparel can be quite expensive, especially if you go for certain brands.

If you know your sizes go for the online stores like CWC, Buycycle, etc.

+1

I suggest you go to a good bike shop in your area, and try on a few brands and sizes first.

Very good advice.

A single poorly fitting item will wipe any potential savings you make by shopping online.

And fit is key, not just size.

Join a club and buy the club kit.  We source locally made kit using imported fabrics and Italian chamoises for our kit.  Price is great and we pass on our bulk discounts to our members so premium quality shirts for R500 and Bibs for R545.  Plus we get to order as and when we need.

I buy 3 or 4 cycling shirts a year from Aliexpress.com. They are cool for novelty shirts and items that you can't get elsewhere. The sizes can be a bit of a lotto, so that part is also interesting. If the shirt is wrong size, you can always sell it to one of your bigger or smaller mates.

How much do you pay for import tax?