New Mountain Bike Track at Capaia Wine Estate

Capaia Trails

We've opened up new Cycling and Running Tracks on our Wine Estate out near Philadelphia.  We are open for training over weekends - Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. 

The trails open at 12 on a Friday and close again at sunset.  Saturdays and Sundays we are open from 6am until sunset.  Registration takes place in our deli - Olivia's - or if they are closed you can register up at our restaurant Mariella's.   Cyclists pay R40 - children under 12 cycle for free. 

When you're done with your ride we offer coffee's, toasted sandwiches, wraps and salads in our deli, or feel free to book up at the restaurant and bring the family out as well.

For any questions or queries, contact Steph on 072 770 9695 or by email at trails@capaia.co.za.

Brilliant. Be there soon. Any route info? Descriptions, distances, elevation, single track length etc?

We have 4 Routes.  The longest is 15km, with an ascent of 340m, singe track section of 5.5km. It travels around the wine farm itself.

Thanks to everyone posting about the track!  It's been in the pipelines for awhile so I am glad its being well-received.  Look forward to seeing everyone out there over weekends!

Brilliant. Be there soon. Any route info? Descriptions, distances, elevation, single track length etc?

post-4890-0-68726900-1515853092_thumb.jpg

We have 4 Routes.  The longest is 15km, with an ascent of 340m, singe track section of 5.5km. It travels around the wine farm itself.

Brilliant thanks. Great idea and thanks for opening up!

Looks interesting.

What times are the Deli open ?  I see the restaurant only opens at 11:00 ....

Maritz and I cycle while my wife enjoys a coffee.  After our morning ride we join her for breakfast.

So the Deli times impact on the venues we visit.  Looking at the restaurants at places such as Meerendal there are MANY families that does this ....

Directions to the venue ?  Seems like we have to head out on the N7 then Van Schoorsdrif Road.  Is there a more direct route from Durbanville ?

Trails are open Saturdays and Sundays from 6 am.  Buy permits at the deli that also opens at 6 am.  R40 per permit  - kids under 12 ride for free. 

Other option to the venue is via Adderley road towards Philladelphia. Turn off into the Old Malmesbury road  - there is a brown Capaia sign.

• 5 months later...