South Africans have a Maxxis tyre for every occasion

News bot

post-62657-0-64756800-1515992697_thumb.jpg

Whatever You Ride: South Africa Has A Tyre For You

At Rush Sports, we pride ourselves on supporting not only mainstream road and marathon MTB riders but also core groups of smaller subcultures such as enduro, downhill and gravel grinding ... that's why we stock and supply your local bike shop with the biggest and widest range of Maxxis tyres.

Click here to view the article

Please please Rush Sports, add the following to your inventory:

Minion DHF 29 x 2.50 (3C/EXO/TR)

Agressor 29 x 2.50WT (TR/DD) or (EXO/TR)

and the Forecaster in  27.5 x 2.35"

Its nice to have choice, but I find myself a little overwhelmed by such a wide range.

On my Camber, I am not sure if I want Agressors, Ardents, Forekaster, Highrollers or Minions (DHF or R)

And then, which to put on the front of back ?

It's easier to just stick with the Specialized Ground Control and Purgatory. I quite liked that combo, but I want to try something new for the sake of it.

Will  there be  a big difference between the ( old faithful ) Ikon and the new Aspen ? 

Aspens apparently rolls a bit faster, and are lighter if I have it right. The Aspen also have a lower profile center tread than the Ikon, but more aggressive side knobs. Have been riding Ikon as a marathon tyre, but I am very keen to give this tyre a go - looks promising.

Still nothing in 2.6 or bigger thats not for the #enduro boys. Would love me an ikon 2.6 but nowhere to be found locally.

I'm pretty sure that Maxxis don't make an Ikon in 2.6. What you're looking for an a Rekon.

Still nothing in 2.6 or bigger thats not for the #enduro boys. Would love me an ikon 2.6 but nowhere to be found locally.

They actually have a 2.8" Rekon and Ikon... Maxxis do not make a 2.6 Ikon. I actaully have both in stock, just in storage with relocation at the moment. If you still need at the begining if Feb please PM me and I can get some to you.

• 3 months later...

XCO/Marathon - Aspen front and rear? How is the performance in wet weather? Currently running Forekaster front, Ardent Race rear, love the grip but I need to roll/climb a bit faster.

Racing Ralph before this, fast but traction is a problem now in winter.