Tyre pressure for Enduros

Trail Ninja

Hi Guys

Can the enduro and downhill junkies just please tap into this question quick

General preferred tyre pressure when riding enduro???

I have ARC27 29er wheelset with 27mm inner width

Ride Onza Ibex 2.4 front and Specialized Purgatory 2.3 rear

I weight 72kg and have 120mm travel front and 110mm travel rear (Pyga OneTen29)

I know terrain obviously plays a huge role.......but for those doing Dirtopia enduros or generally enduro type riding...what should my pressures be?

Or at least what should it be with some different terrain aspects such as rock, gravel, loamy forest etc.?

Cheerz

Hi Guys

Can the enduro and downhill junkies just please tap into this question quick

General preferred tyre pressure when riding enduro???

I have ARC27 29er wheelset with 27mm inner width

Ride Onza Ibex 2.4 front and Specialized Purgatory 2.3 rear

I weight 72kg and have 120mm travel front and 110mm travel rear (Pyga OneTen29)

I know terrain obviously plays a huge role.......but for those doing Dirtopia enduros or generally enduro type riding...what should my pressures be?

Or at least what should it be with some different terrain aspects such as rock, gravel, loamy forest etc.?

Cheerz

At your weight and with those wheels 25psi rear and 22psi front would be the safe bet. Drop 1 or 2 psi lower if you feel you're lacking grip and don't mind risking a dinged rim.

At your weight and with those wheels 25psi rear and 22psi front would be the safe bet. Drop 1 or 2 psi lower if you feel you're lacking grip and don't mind risking a dinged rim.

Yip, add a foam insert to help with that (Foamo, Cush Core, Huck Norris etc etc etc)

Also for CT trails, be aware of the strength of side walls on your tyres....we have surprisingly sharp rock conditions down here...exacerbated by the dry conditions

Edited by MoreTrails

Yip, add a foam insert to help with that (Foamo, Cush Core, Huck Norris etc etc etc)

Also for CT trails, be aware of the strength of side walls on your tyres....we have surprisingly sharp rock conditions down here...exacerbated by the dry conditions

I wish I could find Cush Core in SA.

Thanks

I generally ride 1.7bar (25 psi) when going out in Tygerberg or so on, but this includes some flatter, less gnarley trails as well

My sidewalls are pretty bomb proof so not too worried there

Will give it a go at 1.6 bar and see

Cool

Thanks

I generally ride 1.7bar (25 psi) when going out in Tygerberg or so on, but this includes some flatter, less gnarley trails as well

My sidewalls are pretty bomb proof so not too worried there

Will give it a go at 1.6 bar and see

Cool

You want that front tyre 10-15% softer than the rear for extra traction. The rear wheel is the one that takes majority of the abuse, so run that one harder. Rear tyre also contributes more to rolling resistance, so the higher pressure will help there too.

Weight: 69/70kg

Bike: Enduro 29er

Wheels: Roval Traverse SL 30mm ID

Front: Butcher 2.6, Grid, 20psi

Rear: Ground Control 2.3, Grid, 24psi

Slammed the front on my last ride so have upped front pressure to 20psi from 18.

Edited by Martin Hattingh