Do you know what Blood Type you are?

Bonus

O+

I've donated twice, and I'd like to again, but it really takes it out of me, so I can't as often as I'd like to.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots. Free helicopter flips for one..

Jaaaa. I eventually got tired of chopper flights. Would give my eye teeth for a flip now. Those Airforce pilot were brilliant.

A-

I also donate as regularly as possible. If I remember correctly, I have just over 50. Pity I didn't start earlier.

Its really not necessary to know your blood type.

If you are in an accident and need blood in an emergency, then you will be given O- blood.

The casualty departments only have emergency supply of O- blood as it can be used universally to all blood types.

If it is less urgent, than a sample of your blood will be sent to the blood bank, tested for your blood group, cross matched with donor blood ( This checks that there is no reaction between your blood and donor blood) and sent to the casualty.

Even if you know your blood group, this procedure will be done everytime you need blood.

That said, I would encourage everybody to become a donor.

Edited by funjunkie

And other benefits of military service?

2 years full sponsorship to do extreme adventure racing and crossfit, also known as Infantry Training. Included in it is a 16 month tour of the SW Border operational area and Southern Angola. Throw in a couple of firefights and some danger pay plus you will see some incredible things and make some very good buddies.

2 years full sponsorship to do extreme adventure racing and crossfit, also known as Infantry Training. Included in it is a 16 month tour of the SW Border operational area and Southern Angola. Throw in a couple of firefights and some danger pay plus you will see some incredible things and make some very good buddies.

Not to mention learning some damn respect.

I wish we could have had some mandatory military training after school.

I am always envious when my dad and uncles talk about their old army days

Those were the days!

People nowadays pay too get fit.

We are having our 40 years reunion this July. You make some special friends. 40 years ago in July a group of us nervous18 year olds were shipped of to Seventh South African Infantry in the then Eastern Transvaal.

Not to mention a whole list of mental disorders.

My father was through the army, today he has Paranoid Personality Disorder, my mother suffers because of his erratic personality.

Not everything from Die Weermag was good. #JustSaying

Edited by Rookie85