Do you know what Blood Type you are?

Bonus

Blood or plasma?

Every month must have been plasma.....1 hr per unit. That is some serious commitment.

Good stuff.

No...always blood. How often can you do blood? He started at 16 when he started working and stopped regularly when he retired at 65... So that's basically 50 years. He then carried on for another ten of years but not add regular

Edit.. Just googled it.. Every 2 months... So it must be 300 odd pints then. I'll ask him tomorrow

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a limit in the number of times one may donate in a lifetime? I thought I read something like that, but can't find it now.

150 springs to mind - but I'm probably wrong

How do you guys stores your bags? And how long before the races do you put your blood back in again?

The day after I have an asthma attack and need to make up time on my rivals...

B+ just to stay in context.

Edited by Jewbacca

How do you guys stores your bags? And how long before the races do you put your blood back in again?

Not sure yet, Lance says he will let me know as soon as I must do it.

Luckily me and my wife are the same blood type, and obviously my son is too so I just have to remember one type :) I have moderate Hemophilia B though, which unfortunately means I need to ride with a MedicAlert bracelet on account of turning into a puddle if I come off my bike :( Let me tell you, the second most important thing after knowing your blood type is knowing whether there's any history of blood disorders in your family. We never gave it any thought and it took me a couple of trips to the ICU to realize that I should probably have it tested.

Please become a donor if you aren't already

I wish I could :-(   Also O-, but not allowed to donate as I am anemic.

I wish I could :-(   Also O-, but not allowed to donate as I am anemic.

EPO works great.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :clap: :clap:

You should seriously treat the anaemia though - find out why and sort it out.

We are having our 40 years reunion this July. You make some special friends. 40 years ago in July a group of us nervous18 year olds were shipped of to Seventh South African Infantry in the then Eastern Transvaal.

I reported for duty at the said Seventh South African Infantry Battalion on the 10th of July 1981, went to the Infantry School at Oudtshoorn (Echo Company, Capt Ackerman), and then chose 7SAI again to finish my second year as a 2nd lieutenant and platoon commander at Delta Company under the leadership of company commander Capt Lieb Bester (Actor and musician). Finished my 2 years at 7SAI on the 23rd of June 1983. I had some really good (but also very tough!) times in my 2 years national service, and I was glad that I did it.

A+ Cannot get a MSA license without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still make you stick it on your windows or side of helmet?

O+

Very selfish question but I was wondering; what effect does donating a pint of blood have on overall fitness? Losing some red blood cells (without putting it back later)...

O+

Very selfish question but I was wondering; what effect does donating a pint of blood have on overall fitness? Losing some red blood cells (without putting it back later)...

On seeded batch or a few minutes. If you bring your proof of donation, to Racetec, they will deduct 10mins to your overall race time, or will reseed you to a lower batch. At one point they tried to incorporate it into Beta values, but they weren't exactly sure how these worked in the first place.

On seeded batch or a few minutes. If you bring your proof of donation, to Racetec, they will deduct 10mins to your overall race time, or will reseed you to a lower batch. At one point they tried to incorporate it into Beta values, but they weren't exactly sure how these worked in the first place.

That doesn't make sense as it's not taking into account the 0.5kg reduction in weight that you benefit from.