Bleeding SRAM's latest brakes

Headshot

I scored a deal on a bleed kit from CWC. Or so I thought. Turns out the kit will work on pre 2017 Guide and other brakes  but is next to useless on the newer stuff equipped with their so-called "bleeding  edge" technology.

I discovered this half way through trying to bleed my 2018 Guide R's.  These require the "bleeding edge" tool to connect to the bleed port on the caliper. It all looks great on the video and makes bleeding even easier, but of course you need that bleeding new tool thing. I see it available internationally.

Has anyone bought one here and how much?

1 arrived from the States last week. Haven't used it yet. Got tired of waiting for the local distributor.

Shouldn't the LBS that sell the brakes have the complete bleed kit in their workshop?

I am sure that Specilaized do, but this is for me!

My guide ultimate's shipped with the bleeding edge tool in the package. In fact, it shipped with two of those snap-in adapters. Somehow i recall SRAM saying that because its new, all brakes that utilized bleeding-edge 'tech' were going to ship with the adapter+bleed kit.

That one doesnt have the new fangled bleeding edge tool...

As Stoke says, the local agents have stock. I wonder how much....

R 340 from me. Their tooling isn't cheap.

My guide ultimate's shipped with the bleeding edge tool in the package. In fact, it shipped with two of those snap-in adapters. Somehow i recall SRAM saying that because its new, all brakes that utilized bleeding-edge 'tech' were going to ship with the adapter+bleed kit.

yeah, problem is with OEM kit. 

Good to know, though. Will still be ordering Hope when the time comes to upgrade again though. 

R 340 from me. Their tooling isn't cheap.

Thanks, will start saving :-) Maybe you could have one for hire, like shock wizz.

How much is a brake bleed if you do it BTW?