Who is Lappartient?

SwissVan

1:Its not a fight and nobody is emotional, please lets not try and turn this into something that its not.

2: Personally I could care if he hangs out with Lance or not, as you say its prerogative. I care about the UCI president giving attentions to matters that matters.

awww.. Like I said though, how do you know that this isn't part of his plan?

Casting past dopers and current dopers in the same light?

I am a little rusty today, but did Lance receive a life ban? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awww.. Like I said though, how do you know that this isn't part of his plan?

Casting past dopers and current dopers in the same light?

I am a little rusty today, but did Lance receive a life ban? 

We dont, thats the thing, here is the other cool thing, I will have no problem changing my opinion of him if and when he shows us thats its part of his plan. 

Hahahahaha. Classic!

One nit picking point though - he is a cheater and that's all. He may be an awesome father, loyal friend and all round nice guy. This we don't know. We only know he cheated like a boss and rode rough shod over tobs of people to do it.

I'm not a big fan of the knee jerk "he's a complete arsehole" generalisation when we only really know what happened on the doping portion of ther lives.

That bold bit (and the complete lack of any remorse from him ever) is pretty much why I'll label him a douche for eternity*

*until proven otherwise 

The UCI and USADA also made a fuss and that race in the states had to withdraw his invite was it last year or the year before.. anyhow Cookson was still president it may have been in 2016...anyhow can't really remember.

The new president isn't the first one to make fuss the only difference is Flanders isn't a mickey mouse race and won't be bullied.

Time will tell if it is a good or bad idea..maybe the people going to that gala dinner take some rotten vegs with and chuck it at him... it would make for great entertainment.[emoji102]

Unfortunately it will give him too much press and not the race..so the only way to ensure that that doesn't happen is if none of the publications report on it.

I will say this though, the UCI are hypocrits because they still roll out the red carpet for Merxcks..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

I have two close friends who can't stand each other.

Which puts me in a spot when we have to invite people for parties and such. 

Always invite em both. But somehow either one shows or the other. Never both.

Which is more of a disappointment than a relief. Wait what are we talking about again?

like him or not, but lappartient is doing the right thing.  as the UCI president you cannot even consider to have ex or present dopers stand in the spotlight.  the moment you do that the immediate message to the rest of the world is "doping is ok in cycling, we'll slap your fingers now but we'll forgive you some day"

i also like LA's stages podcast and will listen to him throughout the season, but he can commentate from a position behind his TV screen in Austin like the rest of us.  He should not be given VIP treatment at major classics and stage races.

I have two close friends who can't stand each other.

Which puts me in a spot when we have to invite people for parties and such. 

Always invite em both. But somehow either one shows or the other. Never both.

Which is more of a disappointment than a relief. Wait what are we talking about again?

They meet at the pub and toss a coin to see who has to attend this time

They meet at the pub and toss a coin to see who has to attend this time

Maybe thats how Lance and Merckx decide who can go visit Lappies. Think Merckx has one of those Harvey Dent "I make my own luck" coins though.

We dont, thats the thing, here is the other cool thing, I will have no problem changing my opinion of him if and when he shows us thats its part of his plan. 

Lol, but in the mean time you are happy to assume that he is not doing his job properly on the basis that (as the president of the UCI) he's too busy taking a moral stance against perhaps the highest profile cheat the sport has ever known. 

Lol, but in the mean time you are happy to assume that he is not doing his job properly on the basis that (as the president of the UCI) he's too busy taking a moral stance against perhaps the highest profile cheat the sport has ever known. 

Nope, I am doing exactly the opposite, I am assuming nothing, just observing what is in the press.

The fact that you think I have an issue with him taking a stance against Lance, shows how hard you are trying to see past my point. 

Nope, I am doing exactly the opposite, I am assuming nothing, just observing what is in the press.

The fact that you think I have an issue with him taking a stance against Lance, shows how hard you are trying to see past my point. 

OK well then I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post below:

post-76048-0-25065200-1516710420_thumb.jpg

LOL man. I have honestly laughed at the last few threads and debates you were part of. I admire your contributions and critical thinking. But there were a few red herrings and straw man attacks. ( I am not going going through the effort of quoting examples.)