Lyne Components launches alloy wheelset range

News bot

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look good and seem like good value for money.

Any word on a rider weight limit ?

If the hubs are available separately, are the rims also going to be available for purchase?

If the hubs are available separately, are the rims also going to be available for purchase?

I asked them that same question yesterday. Answer was a preliminary no for now.

Interesting that the Pulse is 29'er only, but the Amp comes in both sizes.

Glad to see that they are both have Boost spacing as an option

Cant be many wheels around that come in under 1600g and cost less that R5,5k - will be interesting to see what the feedback is from people who ride them.

Certainly seems like incredible bang for buck! And LYNE also make those funky bottle caps heads sets :)

Hi Splat

Rider weight limits are as follows:

Pulse 25: Under 90kg

AMP 30: Under 120kg

We will be offering rim options soon, but not right away.

Cheers

Hi Splat

Rider weight limits are as follows:

Pulse 25: Under 90kg

AMP 30: Under 120kg

We will be offering rim options soon, but not right away.

Cheers

I was also wondering about the weight limit on the AMP but never mind my fatass will break these.  :blush:

If that Pulse 25 rims came in 32 hole options, I'd be all over it - if the rims were available loose. It would be perfect for an upcoming wheelbuild I have to do. Old school American Classic hubs stripped out of unused 26er wheels with Boost conversion axles sourced from EVOBikes, probably DT Swiss Revolution spokes... and the jury is still out on the rims. These would have been ideal, but would have had to be 32 hole to match the hubs. The AMP30 is also nice, but probably a tiny bit too heavy for me. Granted, I don't know what any of these rims weigh.

Lyne, what are your rim weights?

Edited by TheJ

If that Pulse 25 rims came in 32 hole options, I'd be all over it - if the rims were available loose. It would be perfect for an upcoming wheelbuild I have to do. Old school American Classic hubs stripped out of unused 26er wheels with Boost conversion axles sourced from EVOBikes, probably DT Swiss Revolution spokes... and the jury is still out on the rims. These would have been ideal, but would have had to be 32 hole to match the hubs. The AMP30 is also nice, but probably a tiny bit too heavy for me. Granted, I don't know what any of these rims weigh.

Lyne, what are your rim weights?

Hi TheJ

Rim weights are as follows:

Pulse 25: 29" 440g

Amp 30:  27,5" 465g, 29" 495g

Cheers

Dayle