CRC waiting time

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the OP .

Thanks for all the input .

I ordered on Dec 25 and the order was despatched on 26 Dec . Delay not with CRC .

Ordinary mail as I did not need the saddle urgently .

But lesson learned .

I am all for supporting the LBS I am after all the LBS in Prince Albert but R2700 for a saddle locally and R1400 at CRC tugs at loyalty .

attachicon.gifIMG_20180118_130815.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20180119_155810.jpgattachicon.gifSAPO1.jpgI run the risk of hijacking the thread but as a 'caution' to those that choose to go the SAPO route ... I also ordered on 06 December, perishables and let's just say even though I opted for the tracking (speedy) service, I only received the package last week Friday and this was the condition of the perishable package  :cursing:  ... if only Customer Care would answer a phone call or respond to an E Mail  :angry:

Not to even mention the cost of Vat & Handling Fee which seems to be at a whim

It looks like the box burst open and the PO has sealed it again?

Looking at that box it does not look strong enough for international shipping, the corrugations are completely collapsed and that's a sign of an inferior or over-packed box or a box that's been reused. Reused boxes are common, boxes are expensive and so suppliers keep old boxes and reuse them, they will be compromised somewhat due to been reused but its okay for a short haul, maybe local, but for international consolidated freight, Uh Uh, its not ideal. 

Few people know it but boxes are also rated for packing height, weight and strength and its the suppliers responsibility to ensure the box is correct and sufficiently strong to withstand the rigors of Freight,...and international freight is very tough on a box, everything is palletised and if there is no FRAGILE sticker on your box it could end up at the bottom of the pallet. 

Its also very important that there are no open gaps in the box, open spaces need to be filled with foam peanuts or similar material so there is rigidity from the inside as well. Very few couriers or forwarders will accept responsibility if the box is poorly packed and collapses or bursts open, their T's&C's will normally make this very clear. It would be your insurers responsibility to cover loss or damage if they determine the box was poorly packed or of an inferior quality and collapsed due to that.

Couriers and the PO move millions of boxes daily and they cant pay strict attention to each box, so they do get pummeled around, ask your supplier to fix FRAGILE stickers all over the box, packers will then put that box at the top of the pallet (hopefully).

I am not saying your box was not thrown around, it probably was (most are) but that box is not strong enough and definitely not suitable for international freight either.  

I have never waited more than about 10 days. However this is always with DHL.

What shipping option did you choose?

Is this post from the 1800s? Since when is 10days delivery acceptable? You lot are amazingly patient, if I order bike parts I start looking out the window before I have even clicked BUY.

Is this post from the 1800s? Since when is 10days delivery acceptable? You lot are amazingly patient, if I order bike parts I start looking out the window before I have even clicked BUY.

"I have never waited more than 10 days"

Not saying this is brilliant, I also stated that "I have never" therefore this is the max I have waited. But allowing 1 day for order processing, 2 days for shipping internationally and clearance, and 2 days for delivery already puts you at 5 if there are no issues. The norm locally, with exclusion of Wayne from Rapide, is delivery within 2-3 days. Then they do not have international travel or customs to deal with.

As for the patience part: A lack thereof is why my bikes probably cost more than they should have to build. Walk in and buy is my ultimate cure for lack of patience. 

*With Wayne 12-24 hours is long for delivery!!

Edited by Letum911

Exactly why I stick to buying locally... I simply don't have the patience for this k@k.

When I order something it must arrive 2 days ago!!

• 2 years later...

I took a chance and ordered some tyres, Hoping to get them by December, as I was in no rush and had CRC gift vouchers to burn,

place the order 14 July and the items arrives today, so one full week, or 6 working day, very impressed, I think you have to keep an eye on your Junk mail and you get numerous emails from SkyNet and then customs along the way, and all the emails are different  so every one landed in my junk mail. 10 out of 10 CRC and Skynet.

R200 Service fee and R435 VAT on R2500 worth of tyres, CRC did not charge me UK VA

Exactly why I stick to buying locally... I simply don't have the patience for this k@k.

When I order something it must arrive 2 days ago!!

It's called planning ahead, it works.

I took a chance and ordered some tyres, Hoping to get them by December, as I was in no rush and had CRC gift vouchers to burn,

place the order 14 July and the items arrives today, so one full week, or 6 working day, very impressed, I think you have to keep an eye on your Junk mail and you get numerous emails from SkyNet and then customs along the way, and all the emails are different  so every one landed in my junk mail. 10 out of 10 CRC and Skynet.

R200 Service fee and R435 VAT on R2500 worth of tyres, CRC did not charge me UK VA

Similar experience. Ordered a tag-along for my daughter from CRC. Delivered 6 days later.

Similar experience. Ordered a tag-along for my daughter from CRC. Delivered 6 days later.

Not CRC but placed order on Friday before 3PM UK time, doorbell rings with gifts on Tuesday in time for a brunch ride! Lekka!

Skynet have really improved over the last year or so.

I think Merlin and UPS still lead the way though.

Which delivery option did you choose ?

• 2 months later...

I have not had a good experience so far.

My parcel been sitting at Skynet customs since 25th September and its not like I ordered a lot of things. I simply ordered a Coil spring for my shock.... R420

But I have to jump through 27 hoops and they take 24-48 hours to come back with what they require from me next. I have had to submit my ID twice now on separate occasions...

*Edit*: I chose the most expensive/fastest courier option

Edited by ChristiaanSt

Try emailing Dalene dalenes@skynet.co.za

She assisted me. R10k order shipped and delivered to my door in about 8 working days.

Try emailing Dalene dalenes@skynet.co.za

She assisted me. R10k order shipped and delivered to my door in about 8 working days.

Yup. that is who I am dealing with at the moment