Rough Estimate for Bike24.com Purchase

Mintman

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to purchase a set of MTB skewers that amounts to 71,89 € or R1060 (Attached: includes shipping but no VAT).

I've done some reading and am still a really confused about how to calculate the final full amount due.

Can anyone just give me a rough expectation or worst case scenario cost for a purchase like this?

Thanks for any assistance!

post-103872-0-21560900-1516879588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mintman

Set delivery country to South Africa, it will minus the 19% EU vat. Add item to cart and select method of payment in basket. It will determine the postage cost depending on size of parcel, normally an extra charge for large items. 

If you want to calculate the vat you pay here its roughly 15.4% of goods ex postage. I use XE Currency app for exchange rates. It normally takes 2-3 weeks depending on customs at OR Tambo. Yes it is posted via DHL  but as soon as it lands here it goes via the normal SAPO network.

Hi Mintman,

Landed cost will be very close to €105

How the heck do you get there? There aren't any duties on parts, so it's just VAT & ATV, which totals 15.4% (which isn't charged on shipping) and that gives you a total of EUR 79.89 (incl VAT)

Add the R 150 handling charge and that's another EUR10 or so, taking it to EUR 89.89 total... 

Adding 3% to the exchange rate conversion will get you even closer to the amount you'll pay. The clearance fee will be in the region of R60 or so because bike24 ships dhl (not dhl express).

Forgot to mention that certain banks add avg 3% charge to your car purchase for international purchases. On he plus side some of them give more rewards for international online purchases. Check with your respective bank.

check hibike, or bikeinn will be cheaper

Great, I can get it down to 64,74 € through hibike with shipping. Do you know whether they also ship with DHL?

How the heck do you get there? There aren't any duties on parts, so it's just VAT & ATV, which totals 15.4% (which isn't charged on shipping) and that gives you a total of EUR 79.89 (incl VAT)

Add the R 150 handling charge and that's another EUR10 or so, taking it to EUR 89.89 total... 

The 15.4% is usually spot on. VAT is calculated on adding 10% to original goods price and 14% of that is VAT charged. VAT is then added to original price and then postage is added. Handling fees are usually determined by SAPO or courier company depending on carrier. Exchange rate used by customs is dependent on day the goods are sent from origin country.

Great, I can get it down to 64,74 € through hibike with shipping. Do you know whether they also ship with DHL?

Hibike ships dhl, expect 4-6 weeks for delivery (to your door, at least).

Hibike ships dhl, expect 4-6 weeks for delivery (to your door, at least).

Do you get notified when to pay the release fee and how do you pay (EFT)? Wondering if I will need to physically go somewhere to do this.

Do you get notified when to pay the release fee and how do you pay (EFT)? Wondering if I will need to physically go somewhere to do this.

It's handed over to the sa post office who do the delivery. They'll give you a call the morning (if you're lucky) before delivering and notify you of the payment required. Then it's cash on delivery. I usually ask them to transfer it to my local post office instead, where I pay by card.

I trying track the parcel too see when it lands at Central depot behind Grand West then I collect there. They normally do call before they deliver.

I trying track the parcel too see when it lands at Central depot behind Grand West then I collect there. They normally do call before they deliver.

aka Cape Mail