Absa Cape Epic 2018

Acerunner

Bear Grylls style?

On occasion, as I have lain upside down in a bush, blood oozing from my tender buttox while peddling furiously to release my cleats, I have thought 'What I would give to be Bear Grylls on a raft right now'.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ridden the Time Trail route thats now open to the public?

i have and you are going to **** bricks big ones.

i have and you are going to **** bricks big ones.

Why, it is MTB, you either go up or down and if you have been training the up will be fine and the down... Well, looking at the dirt roadie skill levels I see these days, that could be a challenge, but it should not be.

Well for starters it's one massive climb, long & steep in the corners with tight switchbacks, towards the middle to end. Then it's stage 4 or 5 where fatigue has already set in, it's going to hurt whether you trained for it or not.

Just make sure you don't miss the technical terrain. I think the only way you will know you're there is when you see the Landrover parked nearby. Certainly could not be because its actually technical....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi hubbers,

I have accomodation available 2 x 2 bedroom cottages beb and breakfast for 4 nights R 8 112 per Cottage

18-21march robertson

Place name is Orange Gove Farm

Thanks man, what do you guys think about the TT, concerned, or not really?

if you're racing it, it's going to hurt so yes be concerned, if you just going to have a Jol & finish within an hour or 2 from cut off it should be breeze. That's just me it could be totally different for the next person. I would encourage you to ride it if possible before the event.