Absa Cape Epic 2018

Acerunner

that part of the course is super sketchelsies, an paved option would be nice, like a hen run type thing

Hahaha, eeeeeina... milt steek.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole bit....

At the bottom it is easier just to keep going straight down than taking that right turn.

Tom

On the video it looks quite harmless, what is it actually like?

A couple of loose rocks and the odd big one?

Its quite steep, especially the ramp where everybody is trying to impress the crowd. The strava segment is known as "THE Singletrack".  Check the gradient. 

Once more....if anybody needs a ready, willing and able partner for this year's tour, just give me a shout. I can be there at drop of hat. Of course we'll have to pair our riding but that's no worries.

Just pm me and we can chat details......

If there is a team entry, we can chat too....

Cool

:thumbup:  :whistling: 

Saw that Jennie is out of the CapeEpic, wonder how many more is going to drop out due to injuries in the next week

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's proper riding! Nice one. Doubt anybody will ride like that at the Epic although some possibly could. Risk of injury too high. But will be there to watch and cheer and maybe give some tips for the backmarkers..... :clap:  :whistling:

Ollie Munnik will probably do something like that at the Epic.

The plum pudding downhill looks different at the bottom than from the time the video was shot. There is an uphill segment called <oops!> 1 one on Strava, watch out for that I thinks it's the hardest climb but it's short, I think if you get that one right you'll make a lot of time.