[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #1

melissa@advendurance.com

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't there musings earlier/elsewhere about the state of Trailseeker etc as far as financial status was concerned? Web sites changing, other linked series no longer around due to no sponsors. Seems like things are a little more tough out there. Not wanting the race fee to go up being a concern for me, i would still want a bit more post race services such as (cold) real beer....

Weren't there musings earlier/elsewhere about the state of Trailseeker etc as far as financial status was concerned? Web sites changing, other linked series no longer around due to no sponsors. Seems like things are a little more tough out there. Not wanting the race fee to go up being a concern for me, i would still want a bit more post race services such as (cold) real beer....

i think you have put your finger on it....i am sure the venues want funds..hence we change every season, they must have also increased the "stand" fee as none of the normal food and beverage vendors were present. The medals became fridge magnets and the computers must have repossesed because they were doing a manual count at the finish. We are however paying good money for our rides so where are the funds going....

My few cents.

There seems to an issue with the older boards and the timing equipment, (my view) I took my board to number collection to have it scanned for ease of collecting batch sticker and it did not pick up my board signal. I received a new code and programmed referencing my board number. The clipboard at the end is the "backup process or cross referencing" for queries if results are not found.

As for vendors especially food I can not comment on but I do not think it is an price issue because your "regular" vendors were present i-coffee, crank'd clothing and anatomic.

Medals are another issue as there were some debates here on the past about medals. I do not really care about a medal (nothing special imo) as all medals are the same whether you are last, somewhere in the middle or first (can not really comment on podium finisher medals as I do not know if they are different). For medals it is a personal preference in the end.

If they really want to save on costs they can do away with this silly "goodie bag"

I think it had to do with SASeeding...

My few cents.

There seems to an issue with the older boards and the timing equipment, (my view) I took my board to number collection to have it scanned for ease of collecting batch sticker and it did not pick up my board signal. I received a new code and programmed referencing my board number. The clipboard at the end is the "backup process or cross referencing" for queries if results are not found.

As for vendors especially food I can not comment on but I do not think it is an price issue because your "regular" vendors were present i-coffee, crank'd clothing and anatomic.

Medals are another issue as there were some debates here on the past about medals. I do not really care about a medal (nothing special imo) as all medals are the same whether you are last, somewhere in the middle or first (can not really comment on podium finisher medals as I do not know if they are different). For medals it is a personal preference in the end.

If they really want to save on costs they can do away with this silly "goodie bag"

yeah, i also took my board for a scan and it was working..apparently they had issues during the race with the scanners at the finish line. my results still do not exist and the same goes for 12 cyclists that were with me. I received clarification that beer vendor dropped them and only arrived at 14:30. I agree with the goody bag, waste of time...I guess the medals are a thing because i hang them in the pub.

Thank you JumperTrax!! After emailing them with our missing results, they were quite quick to get it resolved.  :thumbup:

I must say, reading all the comments here - I didn't have a negative experience. At registration day, I queried my missing results on saseeding, and they improved my batch, no hassles. I really enjoyed the day out on the 40km. Had my board scanned prior to the start and the system picked it up.

Big up to Advendurance for the well-stocked water points - even some mini-pancakes! I was a bit concerned at the muddle/confusion at the finish, but I received my results per sms from Jumpertrax a few hours after the event. The route was well marked with marshals with whistles at key points to make sure everyone stayed on track - good job.

Exiting the venue wasn't a problem for me - there was a queue, but it moved at a decent pace and the cops at the main road did a good job, I think.

The big issues I think are with SA Seeding - they need to sort that mess out asap.

I'm definitely in for the next one.

to the guy who stopped to help me after my fall shortly after the start of batch D onthe 40km....I want to sincerely thank you..i broke collar bone and cracked a few ribs but on the mend. hope you had a good race. sheldon