Costs of trail centres?

Pipsqueak

I'm interested to see what riders pay, per annum and per day at various riding venues in South Africa. There seems to be a big difference in what you pay, and what you get for it. Money vs length of trail, trail features etc.

What is the norm, and how much is too much?

In my experience (KZN):

Karkloof:

R580 a year

R50 per day. 

Giba:

R960 a year

R65 per day.

Holla: 

R2197 a year

R60 per day

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see what riders pay, per annum and per day at various riding venues in South Africa. There seems to be a big difference in what you pay, and what you get for it. Money vs length of trail, trail features etc.

What is the norm, and how much is too much?

In my experience (KZN):

Karkloof:

R580 a year

R50 per day. 

Giba:

R960 a year

R65 per day.

Holla: 

R2197 a year

R60 per day

Yeah Holla is getting crazy expensive for what you get. Trail maintenance is non-existent lately too.

EMBA:

R550 a year

R30 per day

Edited by GrahamS2

Fattracks membership from R415 up to R685(family) per annum gets you access to Baakens Valley(free) trails, Norm Hudlin FT - free, R20 per day, 3 Rivers Trails FT - free, R50 per day which includes JBay bike park.

Insane value. #FattracksRocks.

3 Rivers Trails is turning into something very special.

Whistler - R7250 year / R3000 for 5 days

Bike Park wales - R2000 year / R135 per day

Morzine - R4000 year / 400 per day

That's cheating Nige, they all massive with ski lifts...but I luv them

Verbier in Switzerland R500 pd...but oh so worth it

That's cheating Nige, they all massive with ski lifts...but I luv them

Verbier in Switzerland R500 pd...but oh so worth it

U should not convert the currency. Then it would seem on par as to what we paying. After all we do not earn pounds or euros or dollars.

U should not convert the currency. Then it would seem on par as to what we paying. After all we do not earn pounds or euros or dollars.

You right...its only 35 Swiss Francs, cheap really!!

Ballyhoura woods

€5 for parking (€40 for annual parking pass)

Trails - Free

can't say I am complaining...its a 45 min drive away from me!

The largest trail network of its kind in Ireland. 98km of trails including forest road climbs, tight twisty singletrack with loads of ups and downs, board walk, tight turns and technical rocky bits are guaranteed to leave you smiling.

The trails range from the moderate 6km Greenwood loop to the demanding Castlepook loop, over 50km in length!

Facilities at the trail head include map boards, car parking, toilets, showers and bike wash facilities. On arrival there is a secure car park with monitored CCTV cameras. There are also snacks and tea and coffee available for a reasonable price.

http://visitballyhoura.com/index.php/mountain-biking/

Tokai charged me R80 two weeks ago, WITHOUT parking in the picnic area... Naaiers

Yeah but you deserve it... you'll do it faster and wear away the earth more than normal humans.