Costs of trail centres?

Pipsqueak

NOPE you missed it, they take the route markers down after the ride.

Basically it seems they piece together all the best parts of trails ...damm it was good 

:o

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

A good way to ride large portions of it is to ride the 37km loop and then add in some rockin pieces of the 30 and Supa 20

The new trails built for the event are being incorporated into the 37km shortly so everyone can enjoy them. 

Pity the weather was moist, did make the day for more challenging :eek:

A good way to ride large portions of it is to ride the 37km loop and then add in some rockin pieces of the 30 and Supa 20

The new trails built for the event are being incorporated into the 37km shortly so everyone can enjoy them. 

yes cant wait to come back when its dry and ride those trails again

I thought as much. Last time I was climbing up to Bruisers Burn I noticed a sneaky little trail to the left.

• 4 years later...

Fast forward 3 years. Karkloof annual fees are R1465.00 - for what are incredible trails by anyone's standards. Holla is now R2800.00 for much fewer trails than in the past - black & maroon routes now permanently closed and 3 other trails under restricted access. And zero trail building aside from some weird plank structures. I know where my money's going this year....

21 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

Tygeberg - R950 annually. Up from last year but new trails added all the time. I think there is around 140km of trails now, with high percentage single track. I'm happy to pay 950 ronts to ride there

Their website says over 170km of trails, so even better. The family membership is a real bargain - it's only R1900 for 2 adults and 2 dependents, which means the children are basically free.

4 minutes ago, HenryS said:

Their website says over 170km of trails, so even better. The family membership is a real bargain - it's only R1900 for 2 adults and 2 dependents, which means the children are basically free.

thanks for the correction.

1 hour ago, HenryS said:

Just R 1 250 for Maritz and I.

We are truly privaledged :clap:

2 hours ago, MTBeer said:

Tygeberg - R950 annually. Up from last year but new trails added all the time. I think there is around 140km of trails now, with high percentage single track. I'm happy to pay 950 ronts to ride there

2 hours ago, MTBeer said:

thanks for the correction.

2 hours ago, HenryS said:

That post was 2hrs ago, for all we know another km or two have been added in this time.

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

That post was 2hrs ago, for all we know another km or two have been added in this time.

Actually .... the LandRover Epic pump track at Meerendal is now outside the trail lines, and the bottom section around the dam was removed .... so it is probably 167,25km now ....  knowing Patrick it may well be 171,5km by Friday

3 hours ago, Pipsqueak said:

Fast forward 3 years. Karkloof annual fees are R1465.00 - for what are incredible trails by anyone's standards. Holla is now R2800.00 for much fewer trails than in the past - black & maroon routes now permanently closed and 3 other trails under restricted access. And zero trail building aside from some weird plank structures. I know where my money's going this year....

Presumably holla doesn’t benefit from forestry support with labour and money

30 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Pity it's all berms and no gnar.......... 😝

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 3:36 PM, BigDL said:

Presumably holla doesn’t benefit from forestry support with labour and money

No they don't. Just a few small cost saving/sponsorship deals.