Do you think you are tough?

Vetseun

She wanted to finish, she was willing to pay the price to achieve her goal. I can understand that; her foot will heal, it is only blisters. She does not need to live with the knowledge that she gave up, she will live with the self fulfilment that she crossed the line.

Some people will achieve their goal irrespective of the consequences, that leads to Self-Actualisation. Maslow explained it very well.

Other people are totally happy to give up when faced with a challenge, and feel that their safety and security is under threat and will return back to taking care of their Physiological needs.  

Humans are just different in that way.

Edited by Traveler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is the lady I think it is (name similar to low lying clouds) she will still talk about Munga with a smile, and for those of you wandering the 'damage done' she still managed a top 3 at Karkloof 100 miler in Sept, so really it can't have been long term damage.

She is entered into a Expedition Africa for this year as well...

Woman have higher pain thresholds too, this is why they come to the fore the longer the race.

Good for her, makes for a pretty pic

That is unbelievable! She basically ran the comrades, with cycling shoes and pushing her bike (I presume), after cycling how many km's? 

As for the injury, I suppose there's a difference pushing through some pain and discomfort and continuing when you know you're inflicting permanent damage to your body. 

She's obviously not a foot fetishist, because they love the taste of defeat.

In all seriousness, some people live heir whole lives not knowing what their limits are. This woman pushed through all this and still didnt reach her limit, but she's got a better idea of where they lie.

Hats off to her

wow then Myles got torn to shreds for not finishing the Ezelenduro

#toughlove

hello Friday

I think Myles was just being soft :ph34r:

As for this lady. From personal experience I can understand her will to push through the pain and finish the race.

Mental strength, definitely! Stupidity, maybe even more.

A few years ago I took a massive fall off the horse training for National champs, ended up doing a farkload of damage to my. Had the shoulder taped and competed. The following year I had to have the shoulder operated, 16 months off the horse. To this day not recovered 100% and still paying the price for the stupidity. :cursing:

Tough or stupid there is a fine line.  Yes be tough when the going gets tough... but being stupid when personal injury is at the forefront is just that!!

Been there done that.... there is a time and a place to be tough and fight your battles.... but being tough is also to know when to walk away and fight another day!!

Good point this

Serious, serious respect for that. 

Stupid? Dunno about that. Blisters can be funny things. One minute they're small and innocuous (but still sore) and then they're fecking monsters. But then maybe she didn't see the progression of it until she finished the last day. Shoes being closed and all that. Pain being shut off, just 100km / 80km / 50km etc to go. 

Either way. Kudos. 

wow then Myles got torn to shreds for not finishing the Ezelenduro

#toughlove

t

hello Friday

Your emotions are running away with you again.

Myles didnt get torn apart for NOT finishing. I had an issue with Myles writing a review on a race that he couldnt complete. I got torn to shreds for stating my opinion when the Myles fan club came running. EDIT I have made peace with it ages ago. You apparently not

Edited by Vetseun

Your emotions are running away with you again.

Myles didnt get torn apart for NOT finishing. I had an issue with Myles writing a review on a race that he couldnt complete. I got torn to shreds for stating my opinion when the Myles fan club came running.

haha, keep your panty on !

well done to her, goodluck with the rest of Friday