Do you think you are tough?

Vetseun

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if these negative nancies had balls half the size of hers and had achieved something of this magnitude, perhaps they would understand.

:lol:

That is unbelievable! She basically ran the comrades, with cycling shoes and pushing her bike (I presume), after cycling how many km's? 

As for the injury, I suppose there's a difference pushing through some pain and discomfort and continuing when you know you're inflicting permanent damage to your body. 

This is the trail run not the ride

Respect to her for pushing through the pain to reach her goal however there are a lot of people lying on the slopes of Everest that didn't know when to quit <fence with seat on>

Easy to say stop. Sometimes logic falls to the wayside and you just push on through and put thoughts of consequences to the back of your mind. I finished a running race a few years ago, with my ITB so bad that after 5 k’s, my knee was swollen and every step felt like a hot poker being jammed into the side of my leg. The only reason I carried on was because I knew my kids were waiting near the finish to see me and I didn’t want to fail them. Couldn’t cycle for 3 months after and couldn’t run for even longer, but that didn’t occur to me at the time.

Well done to her

PS - I am not at all trying to say my experience was anything remotely like hers [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by wahoofish

This lady ran the last 100 km of the Munga Trail run with her foot looking like this, fully knowing that she was going to miss the cut off and not earn her medal.

Frikken Ultimate respect!!!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180130-194716.jpg

When you do a running race that is so long that people can talk about "the last 100km", then you are tough whatever the case. 

I wish I had pictures of my feet after EA 2016.

They were so swollen it took 10 days for any of my toes to touch the ground. The last 30 hours of the race was agony. I digested more myprodol than food. Blisters on blisters popped, ripped and then more. 

We finished on the Friday after about 120 hours of racing.

There was NO way anyone was going to get me off the course.No way. 

I ask those of you who say it is stupid, how many times have you conquered a physical goal that is not achievable to most mere mortals? I'm not talking Iron Man which is piss easy. I'm talking a 100 mile running race, an expedition race, a mile swim in 1 degree water in a speedo?

I know a heap of cyclists who pull out of races because they feel off, have a minor mechanical, get too many punctures etc... guys pulling out of Epic with really minor issues. 

I think guys are a bit too quick to pull the plug. Showing some real mongrel is sometimes way more self gratifying than 'living to fight another day'.

I think the Army okes should pitch in

Now those okes are tough

Was just going to say, half the guys' feet looked like that after vasbyt.

Respect to her for finishing what she set out to do. Not everyone's motivation/goals are the same.

And skin wounds will heal quickly compared to any joint/ligament injury. She certainly wasn't going to die.