[EVENT] Dischem Ride for Sight 2018

mecheng89

http://www.cycleevents.co.za/road-events/dis-chem-ride-sight-2018/

It's that time of the year again.

Who's doing this one? Who's starting in which batch? What are you going to do differently?

I, for one, will more likely than not start in AL. 2 huge crashes in last year nearly took me out, especially that cones section just after Carnival. Going to go have some fun in BL, perhaps CL. Trying to restore some club presence  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: .

Not feeling as on form as I was this time last year, and knowing there are 2 spikes that'll split the bunch, I don't particularly feel up to the challenge. 

Doing a club recce ride of the route on Saturday, will give feedback on the road conditions. But expect them to be poor to ***.

Entries have been extended to the 11th. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing it, last time I did it was in 2016, but this time I am going to try not fly over my handlebars at 50k/h!  :whistling:

Dude, C'mon & join me!

We can have fun in AL.

Looking forward to this race as I missed last years due to a blow-out on the way there.

:cursing:

From a newsletter from the organisers:

This will be the 1st (First) event in Gauteng to feature the new, super quick and environmentally friendly speed printing of numbers at registration. To make the most of the system please bring your timing chip with you to registration or your race number. This system will be used at the 2018 Cape Cycle Tour and is the future of entries for sporting events.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Also, online entries have been extended until 24:00 on Sunday, February 11, 2018.

Will be my first time riding it, what's the route like?

Fast and flat or a bit tougher?

Fast n flat with a bit of Climbing around Heidelberg.

I hope they fix the side entry to Boksburg stadium by then.

Will be my first time riding it, what's the route like?

Fast and flat or a bit tougher?

First 45km pretty flat.

Bump before Heidelberg and going out of Heidelberg.

Windy all the way home

I’m not strong enough to ride in the fast bunches, so will be holding on for as long as possible. I like this race, but it’s quite a long distance for me.

From a newsletter from the organisers:

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Also, online entries have been extended until 24:00 on Sunday, February 11, 2018.

It would be even more environmentally friendly if we could print our own numbers and not all drive our cars to registration!

Dude, C'mon & join me!

We can have fun in AL.

Looking forward to this race as I missed last years due to a blow-out on the way there.

:cursing:

Nah mah boet, I'm going to give A a miss this time! 

I am entered. My usual weapon of choice, tandem. Need a sub 3 to gauge my last few weeks of training before CTCT.

Good luck. AL were flying last year and we did a fraction under 3:01 but not quite 2:59.