Yari to Lyrik upgrade worth it?

slewk

maybe if you ride a lyric'd Yari you won't get arm pump as much as you mentioned when we had the Pike vs Stage conversation.

how does one spell BURN"?????

how does one spell BURN"?????

BURN would be reminding him of how he stopped halfway down a Special Stage at Ezel because he had arm pump. (And he told me he never had arm pump while riding MRP.)

I hope his friends gave him some proper fines for that at the fines meeting.

BURN would be reminding him of how he stopped halfway down a Special Stage at Ezel because he had arm pump. (And he told me he never had arm pump while riding MRP.)

I hope his friends gave him some proper fines for that at the fines meeting.

If it was st4, I can understand why (I did as well...)

but yeah, we gave him ***

I have a Pike and a Yari so difficult to compare as the chassis is different. The only issue I have with the Yari equipped bike is a rather low bar position which has nothing to do with the fork performance. It seems to ride high enough, doesn't bottom out easily and the simple compression damping is easier to use and just as effective as  the Pikes three position with the fiddly little knob. R2.5 k is a lot to spend and unless you're actually having issues, I'd spend it on good tyres instead. My 3c

• 2 years later...

Depends how and what you typically ride. Long rock gardens... like Sid Vicious, shows up my Yari. It kind of gets stuck. Otherwise Yari is an amazing fork for what it is.

• 7 months later...

There's a DebonAir upgrade that improves the fork:

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/lyrik-pike-yari-revelation-debonair-upgrade-2020/

One negative of this fork:

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/components/forks/suspension-forks/rockshox-yari-rc-debonair-fork-review/

"More significantly, it “spikes” when faced with high-speed impacts such as heavy slap-down landings or large bumps at speed. In other words, the damper doesn’t allow oil to flow fast enough to keep up with really fast compressions, so it feels harsh and doesn’t use much travel on the very biggest impacts, the kind you might experience just a handful of times in a run."

I've seen this video while doing some research on the Gold 35.

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/rockshox-35-gold-rl-disassemble-%96-what%92s-inside-1142709.html

Maybe the same shim can be can be added to the Yari Motion Control damper to help with the spike. I'd like to know what the suspension pros think of this.

Edited by MrJacques

Hey Guys

I've been riding a 160mm Yari on my Spez Enduro for the last 5 months or so and it's been serving me pretty well so far

Alas my curiosity of what a higher end fork can offer got the best of me, and i want to know if upgrading the dampener is worth the R2500 to do it?

Im quite a novice rider but cant help but wonder if it will get me down DH-0 a bit smoother?

What are the all benefits?

Luke

Hi Luke. The Yari is not a bad fork at all. In terms of getting down DH 0 a bit smoother, a comb of current fork setup and the correct size tire (with the correct air pressure) will already do a hell of a lot in term of harshness. A larger volume front tire that you run softer will make a massive difference.