2018 Discovery Cape Town ITU - kit quality

06rush

Ok, so picked up my kit for 2018 ITU this afternoon. First of all, no nice draw-string wet bag and I also didnt receive a waist band for number - only some safety pins. Is this correct?

Are we expected to have to pin our numbers on to our suits in T1 - surely not wear them under a wet-suit. And is T2 now including the sport of removing your safety pins (on your back) and repositioning them on your front?

I'm confused - or did you other guys receive waist bands in the kit?

Besides for this, a safe and enjoyable event to all. I'm off to make meself a waist band in a hotel room...

Most athletes have their own waist band. I have never received one as part of a goodie bag or entry.

You can usually pick these up at the expo's for not a lot of cash.

Edited by shaper

Fair comment, but in the last 2 ITU events they have provided, so didnt pack it in when travelling down to the event...

They actually asked me whether I want one and I declined... so I must have gotten a friendly lady behind the counter - or looked like I don't have one!