Overseas Visitor Coming to JHB & Umchlanga.

Meyer79

Hello

I am a road cyclist coming to visit JHB (sandton Area) from 28th February to 10th March .

AND

Am in Umchlanga from 10th March to 17th March.

I am looking for Competitive Cycling groups that i can Train with while Visiting.

I am aware of Club 100 and Capri wheelers weekend Rides, But also want to know about midweek rides. 

There used to be a bryanston group that rode in the mornings. Does this still happen? Does anyone know the details?

Also If anyone can suggest a group in Umchlanga ?? I don't know this area at all. Also is it safe as far as traffic is concerned to ride the area?

I have some local Races when I return back home and therefore the Reason am looking for competitive groups so I can maintain my current shape and Fitness.

I am a CAT 1 Racer back home and Particularly looking for some Good hilly rides if any exist in either location.

Thanks

Where are you going to be based?

In Jhb I will be in Sandton Area

and Umchlanga I will be based at one of the Hotels there i think called "the sands".

In Jhb I will be in Sandton Area

and Umchlanga I will be based at one of the Hotels there i think called "the sands".

Sandton is a big place - but the Illovo Cycle group meet at the McDonald's in Rosebank at 5am Tuesday - Friday - more than a couple of lads there capable of hurting most people - mandatory front and rear lights and helmets

Sandton is a big place - but the Illovo Cycle group meet at the McDonald's in Rosebank at 5am Tuesday - Friday - more than a couple of lads there capable of hurting most people - mandatory front and rear lights and helmets

Great thank you.

Yes I am close to catherine street . I know where rose bank is. 

much appreciated