Indoor Trainer "Plug and Play"

AllAboutRides

Hey ya'll!!!

I'm looking for an easy to use , straight forward "plug and play" indoor trainer....just something to keep the legs moving.

I have a MTB with 1 x 12 Eagle setup so something that will work with my bike.

I assume I will need something that is compatible with Thru-Axle??

Your help and advice will be appreciated. 

Take a look at our CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer with the 142mm the axle accessory. 

it is however suggested that as you are riding a MTB it may be easier to go the route of a direct drive trainer (wheel off) in which case take a look at the Hammer. 

the hammer is out of stock.

i have the wahoo kickr 3.  really easy to set up.  it is compatible with thru axles as well.  you will need a XD driver though and a spare cassette.

for power based workouts in ERG mode, it's freaking excellent.  it's a breeze to set up.

Edited by billygoat0523

Hey ya'll!!!

I'm looking for an easy to use , straight forward "plug and play" indoor trainer....just something to keep the legs moving.

I have a MTB with 1 x 12 Eagle setup so something that will work with my bike.

I assume I will need something that is compatible with Thru-Axle??

Your help and advice will be appreciated. 

Haai Riaanoster, 

Ons as agente van die Wahoo handelsmerk het goeie vooraad van die KICKR 3. Begroting is altyd n belangrike punt, maar hou in gedagte dat daar n prysverlaging sal wees 1 Maart op die Wahoo reeks. 

Laat weet gerus indien jy enige navra het.

Groete

Haai Riaanoster, 

Ons as agente van die Wahoo handelsmerk het goeie vooraad van die KICKR 3. Begroting is altyd n belangrike punt, maar hou in gedagte dat daar n prysverlaging sal wees 1 Maart op die Wahoo reeks. 

Laat weet gerus indien jy enige navra het.

Groete

Hi Christiaan pm my bietjie details asb.

thx

Elite Direto - comes with the thru axle adaptors in the box so no additional purchase needed.  It took me two minutes to pair and setup once and I've not needed to do it again.  Great trainer!

Elite Direto - comes with the thru axle adaptors in the box so no additional purchase needed.  It took me two minutes to pair and setup once and I've not needed to do it again.  Great trainer!

+1 for the Elite.

It's a direct drive trainer with all the features of the Hammer and Kickr, but considerably cheaper.

price tag ? and who did you use ?

price tag ? and who did you use ?

N Squared.  I buy other stuff through them as well for my shop so I haggled the price.  But it's very competitively priced compared to overseas. 

• 1 month later...

Take a look at our CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer with the 142mm the axle accessory. 

it is however suggested that as you are riding a MTB it may be easier to go the route of a direct drive trainer (wheel off) in which case take a look at the Hammer.

Need to put on a 12speed cassette, will that be compatiable ?

Ant+ / power readings / bluetooth and auto resistance?

Need to put on a 12speed cassette, will that be compatiable ?

Ant+ / power readings / bluetooth and auto resistance?

You need a smart trainer for auto resistance

+1 for the Elite.

It's a direct drive trainer with all the features of the Hammer and Kickr, but considerably cheaper.

Also consider that the KICKR ships with a 11 speed cassette already fitted and a RPM Cadence sensor. 

The adds roughly R2,000 worth of extras on a R17,999 KICKR. So technically you're only paying R15,999 for a KICKR. 

If you can get a Cycleops hammer at a good price - do it.

Had mine for a little over a week now and seriously impressed with it.

I assume you have a road bike?? As mentioned I need something (Smart Trainer) that will work with a Sram Eagle 1x12 groupset......

Also consider that the KICKR ships with a 11 speed cassette already fitted and a RPM Cadence sensor. 

The adds roughly R2,000 worth of extras on a R17,999 KICKR. So technically you're only paying R15,999 for a KICKR. 

As mentioned I need something (Smart Trainer) that will work with a Sram Eagle 1x12 groupset......