Commuting with no access to showers ?

JohnnyReggae

After a dismal year last year with my commuting I started this year quite well. However with the drought I no longer have access to showers at or near work. Do any of you guys have this issue and how to "freshen" up without a shower ?

I sweat profusely even for a while after I finish riding so it's not so easy just to wipe down. I'd quite happily not shower however I don't think my co-workers would agree  ;)

After a dismal year last year with my commuting I started this year quite well. However with the drought I no longer have access to showers at or near work. Do any of you guys have this issue and how to "freshen" up without a shower ?

I sweat profusely even for a while after I finish riding so it's not so easy just to wipe down. I'd quite happily not shower however I don't think my co-workers would agree  ;)

where in town are your offices?

at the previous company I used to commute on saturdays.

I also sweat profusely.

I'd head directly to the handicapped toilets (because they have more space), strip down completely, cold water wipe down with a small towel, dont dry afterwards.

Stand there kalgat sorting out hair and putting on deo etc.

Then another cold water wipe down and dry off before getting dressed.

I'd still sweat a little after putting clothing on but it was nothing you could not get away with.

Get bowl and facecloth, some soap and do a "sponge bath". Takes about 1L of water 

Thats what I do these days after training sessions at home.  

We've had the water cutoff to our shower area, but we still have access to the shower cubicles. Been washing and rinsing with a 3L camelback since end of January, a couple of guys have been using those garden pressure washers.

I am very lucky that I only have a 4,5km commute, in the morning.

VERY sedate pace.  I walk the steep section of Bill Bezuidenhout - when I do cycle it I sweat like crazy.

This way I get to  work with only a very light sweat.  A wipe down with a face cloth does the trick

Should add that I sweat immediately if I put on a backpack !!  I made a carrier and the goodies goes in there.  This HELPS to keep the sweat to a minimum.

In the afternoon I add a few extra turns and give it stick ..... no issues getting home all sweaty.

We've had the water cutoff to our shower area, but we still have access to the shower cubicles. Been washing and rinsing with a 3L camelback since end of January, a couple of guys have been using those garden pressure washers.

Still having access to a shower cubicle is definitely a major plus. I was faced with the same scenario recently. That's when I found out that a 1 liter bottle of water is over enough for a proper wash, with shower gel and alles. You just need a nice nozzle so that not too much water comes out at a time.

I commute 35km on average in 1:15 (This means I sweat like a race horse).  Baby wipes work well. And splash on some deo should you also sweat a bit after cleaning.

at the previous company I used to commute on saturdays.

I also sweat profusely.

I'd head directly to the handicapped toilets (because they have more space), strip down completely, put towel on floor, cold water wipe down with a small towel, don't dry afterwards.

Stand there kalgat sorting out hair and putting on deo etc.

Then another cold water wipe down and dry off and spray generously with deodorant before getting dressed.

I'd still sweat a little after putting clothing on but it was nothing you could not get away with.

I will have to resort to this when I start commuting again.

Wet Whipes just aint gonna cut it (and I don't want to smell of baby wipes afterwards)

I will have to resort to this when I start commuting again.

Wet Whipes just aint gonna cut it (and I don't want to smell of baby wipes afterwards)

Get the ones that are odourless.

Boss's pool.....not looking forward to winter mind you!

I am very lucky that I only have a 4,5km commute, in the morning.

VERY sedate pace.  I walk the steep section of Bill Bezuidenhout - when I do cycle it I sweat like crazy.

This way I get to  work with only a very light sweat.  A wipe down with a face cloth does the trick

Should add that I sweat immediately if I put on a backpack !!  I made a carrier and the goodies goes in there.  This HELPS to keep the sweat to a minimum.

In the afternoon I add a few extra turns and give it stick ..... no issues getting home all sweaty.

Agreed, when I cycle without my backpack it is so much better sweat wise. 

Clicks sell sanitary towels. Take a small hand towel to wipe off the sweat then use sanitary towels to wipe the armpits and the nether regions.

Use a different one to wipe your face, spray some deo (who has rocked for a long, long time) and Robert is your father's brother.....

Clicks sell sanitary towels. Take a small hand towel to wipe off the sweat then use sanitary towels to wipe the armpits and the nether regions.

Use a different one to wipe your face, spray some deo (who has rocked for a long, long time) and Robert is your father's brother.....

you mean these?

Always_Maxi_Normal_Wings_Sanitary_Towel_

Can you recommend a brand and model that works best, there's so much jargon I get confused?

And why Clicks specifically, surely they are available everywhere, but do you buy so many that you swipe on Clubcard and basically get them for free?