powertap g3 hub cap wrench

le petit nouveau

I am looking for a local bike shop that is able to change the battery of a Powertap G3 power meter hub with the proper hub cap wrench in and around Cape Town please?

I am looking for a local bike shop that is able to change the battery of a Powertap G3 power meter hub with the proper hub cap wrench in and around Cape Town please?

i can let you use mine, where are you based? Maybe bring battery & wheel along & you change right there on the spot.

i made one. no ways i'm allowing myself to be held hostage by a 'special tool' that requires spending more money. The tool faces on the cap form a triangle. So using what I had (wood off cuts), i made up a hollow triangle of which the internal faces mate perfectly with the ledges/faces on the cap.

I'm sure there are better ways of doing, but that works with what I had.

Edited by Capricorn

Place piece of cloth on cap, I use a long nose pliers and apply the right amount of lateral pressure with turning action and it opens