Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know when it started, but the coffee shop had a keg of CBC on tap on Saturday.

R40 for a half liter of ice cold golden deliciousness.

more importantly ... anyone know if the beer garden and pizza place is going to still happen at Conters?

or is the rumour I heard fake news?

That's going to be tempting.

I don’t know when it started, but the coffee shop had a keg of CBC on tap on Saturday.

The dairy shed ?? Best news ever :D

well that is R12 less that the 500ml CBC on tap with our last beer ride Friday at Woodbridge, so a decent pricing ....well done Conters! 

and why do all the signage pics you post have bird poop on them :)

yep that’s from someone that rode the New Black Rhino Enduro and thought he could just then proceeded to attempt the road gap jump without inspecting first and the result is what you see in the pic.

If you people just called the rough stuff 'Currently Disadvantaged' trails, the Mamils would be in their place, everything would be PC, and those who love the gnarl could finally officially look down on the peasants because it has been decreed by the Trail Gufferment. (Or in other words you can be cool if you can take a flying leap AND no longer see colour.)

A mamils place is on the bike.

If you people just called the rough stuff 'Currently Disadvantaged' trails, the Mamils would be in their place, everything would be PC, and those who love the gnarl could finally officially look down on the peasants because it has been decreed by the Trail Gufferment. (Or in other words you can be cool if you can take a flying leap AND no longer see colour.)

Are there any pics of this purported pallet-gap-thingamabob on Black Rhino? I was heading Conters way on Sunday when I noticed my rear brakes were shot on my commute there. I decided to err on the side of caution and give the trails a skip after discovering the lack of braking power combined with the sound of metal scraping against metal, and did a long loop on the tar instead.

Here's a video of Rob Stark doing it : 

And here's a video of me taking the chicken lines : 

(I often find that the videos where the rider is too good, you can't see **** of the trail because they go too fast, so my video will probably be useful since you can see every little rock :D)

Hopefully next time I do it I'll find the balls to hit them coz they really look accessible compaired to the one on the black section of supertubes that is a bit longer

• 2 weeks later...