Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question - the section behind Protea, that long steep hill .... may we ride that on other days ?  Or was this only opened for the club ride ??

post-110956-0-10585600-1575208353_thumb.jpg

Certainly would be nice to be able to ride that more regularly .... trying to get all the way up, without walking .....

but only if we are allowed onto that section.

Question - the section behind Protea, that long steep hill .... may we ride that on other days ? Or was this only opened for the club ride ??

attachicon.gifClub ride.jpg

Certainly would be nice to be able to ride that more regularly .... trying to get all the way up, without walking .....

but only if we are allowed onto that section.

If its the hill that gets you to Majik forest ? If so then yes

• 3 weeks later...

What a stunning morning on the trails !!

With the predicted rain our arrangements for the morning was all pending ..... by 7:00 we made the call and went to Bloemendal.  WOW !!  Simply SUPERB weather !!  NO rain.  NO dust !!!  NO wind.  and hardly any other riders out on the trails ....

My friend's bike had a horrible sound on downhill sections .... So we gently completed B-Spot and headed back to the car.  Checking a few things while riding back .... not the suspension .... not the gears or chain .... possibly the rear brake ...  loosened the brake caliper, apply the brake, tighten the caliper.  Thankfully this did the trick.  (Jip - first ride after getting the bike back from a major service ....)

We headed out for a second lap, this time including some more of the routes on Bloemendal.

Ride concluded with LEKKA coffee

Also had an amazing ride this morning, Bloemies/Hillcrest/Conties/back up to the mast and down bloemendaaler and another lap on lombards to finish... I haven't ridding in weeks because of an elbow injury on the superbikes and man I was pleasantly surprised... Left the trails all dusty, dry and super lose, and found them all swept, clean and grippy... Even felt like the jumps on Black Rhino grown a bit with the moist we had recently, definitely one of my new favourites ! On the other hand my confidence is far gone, I walked the worst part of the mainline DH/Enduro, parts that I never walked before :(

Question - the section behind Protea, that long steep hill .... may we ride that on other days ?  Or was this only opened for the club ride ??

Thanks for asking ^_^ - I rode this trail yesterday (into the nature reserve behind Bloemendal) and it was really beautiful. Lots of animals and great views.

There was a gate at the top of the nature reserve that had a TBMTBC-favourite rusted lock on it. Does anyone know if this was once a club trail and if so the history? The lock had the club's code dialled in  :ph34r:

PSX_20191229_163712-e1577630357162.jpg

PSX_20191229_164155-1-e1577630582681.jpg

Edited by aquaratza

Club membership, trail permits ..... daily permits .... notices of who may cycle where ....

We have previously almost done the D'Aria loop, with a friend who only had a day permit.  A club member pointed it out at the gate, I apologized and we carried on inside Bloemendal.

Today a group of 5 or 6 riders, sporting Tiletoria clothing came past me on the D'Aria loop.  I stopped for a drink of water.  As the second last one past me I noticed he had a day permit.  The lady at the end of the group, also in Tiletoria clothing, did have a membership card on her bike.

This was at the D'Aria dam, so way too late to turn back.  And I was way too tired to try and catch up to the group, nor did I want to take on the role of a Marchal.

Been wondering ....

Maybe some more notes at the gate that "day permit riders" are not allowed onto D'Aria ?

Maybe a clear note and map at the shop where the day permits are bought ?

Maybe club members should encourage their friends to rather join the club and ride legal ?

Club membership, trail permits ..... daily permits .... notices of who may cycle where ....

We have previously almost done the D'Aria loop, with a friend who only had a day permit.  A club member pointed it out at the gate, I apologized and we carried on inside Bloemendal.

Today a group of 5 or 6 riders, sporting Tiletoria clothing came past me on the D'Aria loop.  I stopped for a drink of water.  As the second last one past me I noticed he had a day permit.  The lady at the end of the group, also in Tiletoria clothing, did have a membership card on her bike.

This was at the D'Aria dam, so way too late to turn back.  And I was way too tired to try and catch up to the group, nor did I want to take on the role of a Marchal.

Been wondering ....

Maybe some more notes at the gate that "day permit riders" are not allowed onto D'Aria ?

Maybe a clear note and map at the shop where the day permits are bought ?

Maybe club members should encourage their friends to rather join the club and ride legal ?

Day permits are allowed to ride the D'Aria loop, but at the end of the dam, they need to turn back towards Bloemendal, and not towards the Protea Hotel. That's where the day permit ends. There is a sign at that point, at the wooden bridge, that this section, towards the Protea Hotel, is for members only.

According to the rules only members may use the orange traverses. That is one of them so no day riders are not allowed on that section.