Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

2 minutes ago, StofStompie said:

Has the trail maintenance on Cobra been completed? Does anybody know? Planning a ride there this weekend.

Was down there on sunday. Cant say I noticed, but it was also the first time in more than a year. The berms seemed to have been worked on.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maintenance on Cobra was completed. If you go through to the Welvergenoegd side - the section next to the river is very wet and muddy presently

5 hours ago, IMPACT said:

Maintenance on Cobra was completed. If you go through to the Welvergenoegd side - the section next to the river is very wet and muddy presently

Thanks, should be a bit better by the weekend hopefully.

• 1 month later...

Some flow fun coming up at Bloemendal...

image.png.1eca5dd33546c4069a1f6997e9b213a8.png

including a wall ride...

image.png.8171a6abb24973bd65fcf45ea126c6d2.png

to the right of Lombards Terra

image.png.2229b35dc870ee88cd2ce009d87dbe77.png

(pics not my own - sourced from FB Slow Coach Group as taken by Denzil Dylan Bart)  -I'm just too stoked about this. I am having so much fun on the flow lines by Plaisir and Banhoek. To now have some local flow is just awesome. kanniewaggie

On 7/14/2021 at 9:49 AM, IMPACT said:

Maintenance reinstated again on cobra

Was huge disappointment to get to cobra and see that sign

Screenshot_20210906-194138_Gallery.jpg

4 minutes ago, MajG said:

That sign was not meant to be there. Patrick has no idea who put it there.

27 minutes ago, HenryS said:

That sign was not meant to be there. Patrick has no idea who put it there.

For reals?

We were 5 guys there all disappointed that we couldn't drop down.

Flippen a$$h0l3 whoever put it there 

13 hours ago, MajG said:

I was there the weekend after it re-opened and some idjit was sitting on that bench and saw the sign lying behind it and promptly stood up, picked up the sign and firmly planted it beneath the wooden gate. His foolishness was met by a chorus of vociferous protestation by the gathered group of riders all salivating at the prospect of descending the cobra again. The lycra-clad bloke mounted his bike and hightailed it out of there.

Perhaps in future these types of signs need to be evacuated along with all the other trail building paraphernalia when the job is done. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Stunning trails. Always. Well done, TMBC. Keep on going. 

1C550046-2CFC-4928-B7E7-435F31544472.jpeg

Even after a few years, it is still strange to see you interact on a Mtb thread. I'm glad though.

6 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

It may or may not be me, Bru 

370F2562-350F-4D3A-A1C8-1DE01C6738AB.jpeg

I'm praying that this Covid 19 releases it's grip on me, so that I can get back on the trails again. Did a 15km "low intensity" ride on my local Greenbelts yesterday, and it was a lot harder work than it normally is. 

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

I'm praying that this Covid 19 releases it's grip on me, so that I can get back on the trails again. Did a 15km "low intensity" ride on my local Greenbelts yesterday, and it was a lot harder work than it normally is. 

That's not lekker. I hope you get well soon. 

I got my first vaccine jab yesterday - so far no side effects other than a bruised feel to my arm.

7 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

That's not lekker. I hope you get well soon. 

I got my first vaccine jab yesterday - so far no side effects other than a bruised feel to my arm.

I have gotten a lot better over the last week, been hell for three weeks before that. 

Got the damn infection the same week we were scheduled for our jabs. (Colleague of my wife brought the bug to work, claiming to "only have a cold" Needless to say, we paid the price. ????????)

19 hours ago, Wannabe said:

I have gotten a lot better over the last week, been hell for three weeks before that. 

Got the damn infection the same week we were scheduled for our jabs. (Colleague of my wife brought the bug to work, claiming to "only have a cold" Needless to say, we paid the price. ????????)

Well if that doesn't add some clarity and perspective I don't know what will. Glad you're over the worst of it and on the way to health again. One has to be so careful these days. I suspect that there is a high level of Covid-fatigue which attributes to these kinds of infections and people still suffer from the ageless issue of it won't happen to me. Until it does.