Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

19 minutes ago, Mook said:

entitled individuals

that is what you get when you are constantly told that everyone is a winner and there are no losers and that you deserve the best that life has to offer. 

Or just if you managed to escape childhood without one or two life changing "bliksems" from a parent for your utter stupidity.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I think that's quite clever.

It immediately stops them from being rogue riders, which they would have remained, eliminating confrontation with them AND gives them a purpose. The club gets free labour.

Less rogue riders, free marshals and less confrontation

Yeah, that's about as effective as making an ex-convict President.

18 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

What blows my mind is when people who have been rogue riders for years get made Marshals and get free permits for the year... #FML

I was always under the impression marshals also have to pay their annual club fees? Is this some kind of special arrangement for certain individuals?

16 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Yeah, that's about as effective as making an ex-convict President.

In jest, but also not really. More like making an ex con a patrolman or an ex poacher a coast guard or ranger...... Both of which happen often in certain places to great success. 

19 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

What blows my mind is when people who have been rogue riders for years get made Marshals and get free permits for the year... #FML

Unfortunately, "trail guides" as its now called, still have to buy a yearly permit before they get a trail guide board.

2 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Maybe of the Tygerberg side. On Bottelary side it's free.

The Tygerberg marshalls I know are paid-up members who volunteer for marshalling duty. Don't know if there are exceptions but I hope not, can see how that would create problems.

Anyone been to Majik Forest lately and can comment on the general conditions / Upkeep of the trail? Is it rideable? 

Haven’t been there in ages and obviously dont wanna bother if all the trees and bushes are over growing etc.

9 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Anyone been to Majik Forest lately and can comment on the general conditions / Upkeep of the trail? Is it rideable? 

Haven’t been there in ages and obviously dont wanna bother if all the trees and bushes are over growing etc.

I've been walking there in the forest about 3 weeks ago, very sandy/dusty (easy to slip).  Just above the forest to the houses, there was one or two spots that was not good at all.

42 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I haven't been down there in a month or three, but when I last rode it it was still quite ridable although some parts have become somewhat eroded and "ridden out" as there is not much maintenance being done. No concern about overgrowth, probably as most of the route is used by walkers and runners too.

4 hours ago, Johnny82 said:

I haven't been down there in a month or three, but when I last rode it it was still quite ridable although some parts have become somewhat eroded and "ridden out" as there is not much maintenance being done. No concern about overgrowth, probably as most of the route is used by walkers and runners too.

I last rode that steep downhill that cuts across the contour about a month ago. It's very eroded, especially the last section where it tees into the path running parallel to the dam, but that just made it more fun to ride. Otherwise, no problems with overgrowth anywhere that I rode.

Majik has such potential as a proper trail, especially the upper parts above Bloemendal, but it being Public Open Space and all I guess that remains a pipe dream. That canvas is just begging for some real artist to come paint on it with a digger loader.