[Event] Bestmed Berge En Dale Road Championship

PRFullstop

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think a mtb ride on the MTB cradle loop will be possible parking at Bidon on Saturday morning or will it just end in frustration?

Should be fine ...  Depending on the route you take to get to Bidon...

Do you guys think a mtb ride on the MTB cradle loop will be possible parking at Bidon on Saturday morning or will it just end in frustration?

Should be fine ...  Depending on the route you take to get to Bidon...

Will be travelling down Beyers from Jhb side and then left into R374 to Bidon. Think I might have a problem

Started in BL, an enjoyable race and tough in both directions as said. Marshaling was quite good.

However I don't get the added safety of reversing the route. I can only assume that a number of drivers were frustrated with the change.

I started in CL (I knew from the RFS I wasn't going to hang with AL) this was the second time out on the road since my accident last year so still getting some power and endurance back but this one I really enjoyed. Managed to hang onto 4 guys that did all the work in the wind until the rest of the group caught us and offered some shade. Only saw one minor accident the whole day while climbing the R563 but they all looked fine. Finished with a 3:21:29 so getting stronger! 

I had no complaints, venue was good and nicely organised. There was plenty parking and easy to figure out where you needed to go etc. The reverse route was challenging - I've only ever done the event once last year and both ways work for me, weather was epic, marshalling was very good - especially getting traffic past us safely on the N14 *Thanks guys!!*

I'll definitely do it again next year! 

• 11 months later...

Couldn't find a thread for the 2020 edition of the race so thought I may as well post here.

I created a GPX file for the route on garmin connect, iIf anyone needs it, you can grab it here. Just hoping for no rain now!