Quarq Shockwiz to borrow

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Partial Compatibility: Adjustable travel forks such as TALAS and Down Low Adjust need to be kept in the same travel

position or a new calibration is required. Non-linear, bump detecting dampers such as Terralogic, Brain, iCTD and E:I will not work as well, but you still get usable suggestions

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

What you're got to accept is that most shocks don't have all the adjustments. If you have a Reba with rebound and high speed compression, you'll only get so close. But you'll get as close as you can with that unit. I don't know anything about Brain shocks.

Hi All

will it work with a shox fitted with Brain function?

Thank you

Turn the brain completely off then setup the shock properly - then turn brain back on afterwards.

It been interesting using this thing for a while. Some tips in case anyone does get their hands on one. 

The Shockwhiz is only as accurate as your calibration. It seems like a mission, but you need to do this every time you change your settings. Don't expect to tweak your suspension settings and then carry on riding on the same session. Soon as you change air pressure or ramp (tokens) you need to start over - recalibrate and new session.

If you change these 2 things and try carry on, the whole thing is out of whack. Sometimes it won't even read your subsequent rides.

Calibrate, calibrate, calibrate. When it's all in the green, note down your settings. Also, bear in mind that you should do this for 2 or three tunes. You may well prefer "balanced" or "aggressive" or some other tune that it offers. Each one is essentially like starting over. 

When you're done calibrating, the thing picks up ride data really fast, so choose a short, varied, downhill section where you can ride back up. You don't have to go too far.

Edited by Pipsqueak

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if once you have done the calibration on a fork and shock - can you swap between the two or do you have to re-do a calibration every time you re-connect it?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if once you have done the calibration on a fork and shock - can you swap between the two or do you have to re-do a calibration every time you re-connect it?

Have to calibrate each time.