UCI DH World Cup 2018 Season

Hairy

I think the whole point of the Steve Smith track in Whistler is to introduce a proper WC level track to BC so that they can bid for a WC there. Makes perfect sense - they can afford it and as Duane says, the feet are already there so the crowd will be amazing.

Which is why a DH world cup in Jonkers will just be silly. An EWS on the other hand...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ok, so it's from 2017, but I found this interesting, Red Bull's 'Fast Life'.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXqlds5f7B2OOs9vQuevl4A/search?query=fast+life

Been following this channel from the start. It is epic in every sense of the word. The production quality and narration is awesome. I particularly like the one episode where Minaar pitches up with a 29" bike for the first time haha. The heckling as he goes down the track at one point and the amount of hate and crying in the pits...some justified..some not so much lol

I finally got fibre to the home last week, so this past weekend was filled with Redbull TV, and more specifically this years Rampage. I am so happy that now I can watch the events in real time, and do not have to rely on Supersport, and endure torture when they decide to advertise Cyclelab, or Marriot or that stupid office furniture ad exactly when the best bits are being shown.

On another tangent, I was completely stumped how the riders "walk away" from some of their tumbles. The first couple riders on the first run had some close calls. I would most probably have killed myself should I wipe out where they did. I suspect it has to do with "learning" to fall when they train in the foam pits.

• 1 month later...