Cycling South Africa allows disc brakes in local road racing

News bot

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean i should sell my old "used only for the CTCT" road bike to upgrade or will I get along just fine.

I'm worried I will be braking too soon and get taken out by late brakers on discs :-) 

Does this mean i should sell my old "used only for the CTCT" road bike to upgrade or will I get along just fine.

I'm worried I will be braking too soon and get taken out by late brakers on discs :-) 

yes. and now suddenly your OLD bike is worthless but vintage.

Yes, sell your old bike. If it doesn't have disc brakes it's even more worthless than a 26er. I doubt you will even be able to finish a race on outdated rim brakes.

In all seriousness - I think it's great news :)

Edited by Grease_Monkey

So rock up to the races with hairy legs and get as free shave during the race ;)

I thought they only decapitated people, and cut holes in shoes???

Edited by Jase619

But they cut like razorblades?

I've never understood the logic in that argument.

You have so many sharp cogs, cables and a chain that will catch any finger or the teeth that will puncture a piece of flesh, but I have not heard a serious outcry in favour of enclosed power trains.

The massive chainring with teeth have caused me much more damage over my lifetime than any disc brake ever will.

Glad sanity has prevailed.

yes. and now suddenly your OLD bike is worthless but vintage.

Eroica is the Saturday after the Argus... make the most of it... but check the rules first   

You have so many sharp cogs, cables and a chain that will catch any finger or the teeth that will puncture a piece of flesh, but I have not heard a serious outcry in favour of enclosed power trains.

The massive chainring with teeth have caused me much more damage over my lifetime than any disc brake ever will.

You know what they should ban in cycling? The ground!

Add in all the catastrophic disc brake incidents happening during mountain biking events each day...

I agree.... I forgot to use the comic sans

So rock up to the races with hairy legs and get as free shave during the race ;)

hahaha I would only ever rock up with hairy legs... I don't believe in shaving, not even my face!

goddam hippy!