If you had 10k to spend on wheelset

Mamil

Doesn't that mean changing everything to campy?

I think you get Shimano freebodies for Campy wheels.

Also heard of people using Campy cassettes with Shimano groupsets.

Unfortunately no experience with either.

You simply have to buy a replacement Shimano (fits SRAM as well ) freehub body for the wheelset. I have never struggled to find one for most brands - American Classic / Easton / Deda / Zipp / etc.

If you buy brand new you often have the choice of specifying which freehub body you prefer.

No it doesn’t, you can get Campag wheels with Shimano freehubs. You can also run a Campag cassette with Shimano, not ideal, but you can

2018 Ksyrium elites currently priced at R8550.

Best new wheelset in that price range in my opinion. Durable, light and looks nice.

You would most probably pick up a better set of wheels for that price second hand in the classifieds though.

Personally, I wouldnt bother to go Chinese if you after performance and durability. Apparently those China hubs dont last too long and I doubt they better than the Mavic hubs.

Or maybe just one with better set of hubs.? ;)

Hahaha not a bad idea, but the novatecs mine came with are great, and it's so sweet to have the option of a 38mm set or a 60mm set..

Life is too short to not train on carbon wheels...

Hahaha not a bad idea, but the novatecs mine came with are great, and it's so sweet to have the option of a 38mm set or a 60mm set..

Life is too short to not train on carbon wheels...

Agreed.!

If you bought it, ride it. :)