What has happened to ASG events?

SADivemaster

Does anyone have any idea what has become of ASG events? 

I have been trying to contact them for 3 months, but emails go unanswered, phones are never answered. 

They used to run some pretty impressive events (Tour of Good Hope, Emperors, Sanlam Invititational etc., but now seem to be AWOL. It is a pity to see industry leader fall from grace.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been trying to contact them for 3 months, but emails go unanswered, phones are never answered.

They used to run some pretty impressive events (Tour of Good Hope, Emperors, Sanlam Invititational etc., but now seem to be AWOL. It is a pity to see industry leader fall from grace.

I'm guessing it's all still there judging by the number of emails I get about all their events.

Good Hope is still there and all the rest.

Countless phonecalls have gone unanswered. Emails are delivered, but read receipts never received. I just assumed that they had folded.

I guess that they are just avoiding me then!! Oh well. I shall move on.

In my experiences with ASG they have an infamous history of not replying to emails and when you do get hold of them by phone and they promise to phone you back they do not. 

Edited by scotty

Industry leader by sucking the air out of everybody else involved.

In my experiences with ASG they have an infamous history of not replying to emails and when you do get hold of them by phone and they promise to phone you back they do not.

Sounds like they are proper bell ends, I despise businesses that are run like that.

ASG should be investigated by competition commission re acquisition of races from independent  owners.

They have bought out most of  the races on highveld, prices have soared over last few years and simply there is far more value in mtb events then in road races. 

they can afford to run like Telkom as they have wiped out a lot of smaller guys.

ASG should be investigated by competition commission re acquisition of races from independent owners.

Si

They have bought out most of the races on highveld, prices have soared over last few years and simply there is far more value in mtb events then in road races.

they can afford to run like Telkom as they have wiped out a lot of smaller guys.

Sho man, you just took this thread to another level????

ASG and ASG Events is falling a part and has been for some time.

They talk themselves up well but cannot walk the talk at all. The issue of unanswered calls and mails is true....factually correct.

Take TransCape 2018.... one month after the race the prize money is still not paid. How is this even possible? The pre- race hype suggested they were in the A League with likes of Epic () and Pioneer and J2C!!!!!

Having just done TC ... I can say with no hesitation; they are nowhere near to the others. But that is not the point. Poor planning, poor communication, poor most everything delivered a below par event.

In my first hand and opinion there are three problems:

- The event organizer ( Daryl or Daryn or Dan....? ) couldn’t organize a piss up in a brewery....and has the conflict resolution skills of a porcupine quill.

- The so called event Co-ordinator ( Ilse ???) couldn’t co-ordinate a stamp collection....

- And a fish always rots at the head.

The prize giving was a monumental cock- up with the trophies and prize money going to the UCI teams instead of the Individual and Team winners!!! Go figure. The real winners os of the race walked away empty handed. Nowhere in the pre- race communications or in the race bible was there any mention of a Vets or Masters categories. Imagine our surprise when at prize giving the Overall Team and Individual winners were given a Rudy Project back pack instead of an envelope with a Cheque in it.

In any normal corporate business with a customer service ethic; the only way to best rectify the egregious error would have been to pay the prize money the Monday .... 1st thing. That way the unhappiness and frustration would be ameliorated but this was lost on the people involved whose egos are bigger than the industry itself..... but the very people they purport to serve..... us the the dumb rider who spends their good money on these events.... got suckered. I don’t know whether they are clever and the rider is plain stupid for falling into their honey trap. The truth be told, they have charged more and have added little to no value to the races. I know because I have race them all.

All the stage races in SA are expensive... all of them, but the back end works and works well. Allow me to share one last point - in past years Epic entries it’s were like Oakley’s.... unobtainable . This year there must have been 8 - 10 entries available on The Hub! The point? Sign of the times. Event numbers will stabilize and the start to decline.... normal economics but for Organisers such as ASG , the end is just going to come faster.

Imagine if the entry entry money was still not paid a month after the race ended... what a wobble they would be having.

I can attest to a number of unanswered SMS’s and undelivered promises.

Here is the message- if you can withhold yourself..... do not enter ASG events. Vote with your money.

I have some inside info, that I can't say until confirmed in writing... #interesting

I have some inside info, that I can't say until confirmed in writing... #interesting

Heard rumous so very interested to see hat comes out

Heard rumous so very interested to see hat comes out

For those competing in the TOGH, hope nothing comes out before it has concluded

What rumour is that? The one about the top okes resigning and Fritz Pienaar of Advendurance taking ASG over?